Chapter Five

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare ya." I scoff and place down the gun, take a blade next.

"Mr. O' Connell the only thing to scare me is your manners." I narrow my eyes while checking the dips in the blade, making it point to the chair.

"Still angry about that kiss, huh?" I roll my eyes and stop pointing the blade, and look up.

"If you call that a kiss." I look back down, he aggressively rolls his own bag out covering most of the table. I drop down my knife and look at him. Did he get upset over that line? He was equally as rude. "Going into a war, I see."

"It will be a war, knowing that something will always be watching, especially under that sand." I hum, and put away another blade.

"Old tale, no one ever knows." He stops cleaning, but continues after a few seconds. "My sister and I are hoping to find this certain book, but our brother thinks there is treasure."

"Old tale?" He questions.

"You know it, remember you mentioned, City of the dead. That one, I heard it connects to this location. Although those two don't believe in 'Fairy tales', funny." My eye draws close to one item, I pick it up and examine it, only to swipe it out of my hand.

"One word for this trip, is evil. What is the book you're looking for?" I go back and start to put away my weapons slowly.

"One of the most famous books in history, The Book if Amun-ra, it contains information about the Old Kingdom. It is really interesting, knowing how much could be in there, all the tales could be true, even if some are conspiracies. When I was a child, coming here was all a dream, but finding that book, was like a heaven." He smiles a bit as he cleans his shot gun barrel.

"The whole book being made of gold, just slides over your head, doesn't it?" He continues to smirks.

"You do know your history." I smirk back a bit, I finish packing the last gun and wrap it up. "Um, by the way Mr. O' Connell, why did you kiss me?" I raise my eyes towards his, seeing him only focused on his gun.

"Who knows? I was about to be hanged, seemed like a good idea at the time." I make an disgusted face as I aggressively tug on my bag, picking it up and slinging it over my shoulder. I angrily slam the table hard so it shakes, I storm away. "What? What did I say?"

(Rick O' Connells Point of View)

I watch as she goes away, towards the camels, petting them softly. I hear things shuffling around me, I turn seeing a shadow by the boxes. I quietly stand as I creep towards the box, pulling the man out, pressing the gun into his body.

"So what's the scam? You left me to die, you leave them to die? Is that it?"

"No-no! That's not it." He nervously says.

"So, why don't I kill you?" I press the gun in more.

"Think of my children!"

"You don't have any children." I say.

"Someday, I might?" I press the gun in more. "Why are you back? You never believed in the Hamunaptra" I lower the gun,and point towards her.

"You see that girl? She saved my neck." I watch as she gently pets the kind animal, they don't get frighten as she does it, making me see a gentle side to her. We both continue to stare, she turn her head noticing us. I stand up taller, feeling her gaze swallow mine, I let my hand rest on my hip. She leaves quickly and tightens her grip on her bag.

"You always did think with more brains than balls." The man starts laughing, I pretend to join in with his chuckle. I instantly grab his shirt and leg, and lift up his body quickly.

"Goodbye." I state and toss his off the boat, hearing the splash. Other passengers stare down at the man, I check my weapons to see if anything is missing. I hear his yells but I get distracting, seeing wet footprints leading to where Y/N walked. I follow it a bit seeing it match the path she took.