Chapter Eleven

(Rick O'Connell's Point of View)

"Now, ball up your fist and show me a right hook. Hit my hand like you would do normally, like you mean it." She giggles and tries to focus.

"I mean it!" She swings but misses, she almost falls, but I quickly catch her by her torso. She laughs drunkenly.

"O-Okay." I say while laughing with her, I gently sit her down. "Maybe time to sleep." 

"See, unlike my siblings, I know when I reached my limit." She picks up the bottle and takes another gulp, I smile.

"Uh huh, but you I just don't get." She places down the bottle.

"I know, you're wondering what a place like me, is doing in a girl like this?" She says wrongly, but she's cute, so I continue to smile. 

"Yeah, something like that." I nod, as she starts to continue.

"Egypt is in my blood, my father loved the place so much, he married an Egyptian women." She slurs.

"I get it, your parents, your siblings, but why are you here?" She gets closer to me.

"Well, it isn't my first time on an adventure you know. After my last one, I swore to never do this type of thing again. A war, I almost died while in a war. I was stabbed, losing blood, but I survived. Then after I became a librarian, and babysit two children in America--I tell the stories of Hamunaptra and other things to them." Y/N then stands up quickly. "Look, I may not be the best at this, but I am proud." She stumbles back a  bit, I raise my hand behind her, making sure she doesn't fall. 

"Glad you are." I simply state, she then drops back to her knees making herself appear a bit taller.

"Mr. O'Connell..." She raise her hand to my cheek, tracing my jawline and she inches closer. "I am going, to kiss you. Revenge for earlier, because it seems fair." 

"You can call me Rick." I state with a tilt of my head, she smiles.

"Well, Rick, you have been very naughty towards me." She inches closer to my lips, I close my eyes doing the same. I then feel her head plop onto my shoulder, she stays sleeping. I sarcastically kiss the air, and quickly pick her up.

I place her down and lie a blanket on top of her, she turns to the side, grabbing the pillow under her head. I smirk and sit down beside her, staying watch so they can both sleep this drunken fit off. We didn't get along at first, but I wouldn't blame her for either of our actions. 

(Y/N Point of View)

I  slowly sit up and stretch, I look over seeing my brother still asleep. I flip my body and watch my sister to the same. I smell my clothes, just burning my nose from the liquor, I make an disgusted face and stand up. I walk over and pick up my clothes bag, seeing only one outfit was saved. I curse and know my sister must've lost the rest during our trip, I forgive her and continue digging through my things. 

My sister slowly gets up, and my brother follows. I walk over and see the key we need, I grab it and examine it. 

"We forgot to open it, didn't we Eve?" I ask, she groggily gets up, with a hangover.

"Forget....what?" Her eyes widen in shock as she realizes, she snatches the key and shakes Jonathan. "Get up! Get up! Come on!" He wakes and she runs back inside Anubis.

I get down and see O'Connell staring at me, I furrow my brows as he looks away. I shrug and get Jonathan to come down and move the big crate. Eve passes Jonathan a key as I hover my hands over it.

"I've been dreaming about this forever, when a was a child!" I say with joy.

"You were dreaming about dead guys?" O'Connell states rudely, I give him a rude look as he shuts up. The put the key in and both get ready to open it.

"Be careful you two." I say as they push it open, it opens with smoke and dust as the skeleton pops out, making us all jump.