Chapter Eight

(Rick O'Connell's Point of View)

Jonathan screams at the herd owner of camels, as he grips onto his wallet, I place my hand at my hip very annoyed and on my last nerve.

"Four! I only want four! Not the whole herd!" He yells, I grunt and yell at him back, pointing a finger at the salesman.

"Will you just pay the man!?" He sighs and opens his wallet to pay. We then drag the camels with us as we walk away. "All you had to give was either one of your sisters, maybe we would've got it for free." 

"Yes, awfully tempting isn't it." I stop walking seeing the two walk up with the ladies behind them. Y/N turns around as Evelyn keeps her eyes on me, but I watch Y/N turn back around. She looks at me, but quickly turns to her brother.

"Tempting? What is tempting?" She asks Jonathan, he stutters trying to speak. "Don't explain." She states as she walks closer to us. I walk up to her and stare at her, making her gaze meet mine.

"Lovely." I state, she shyly looks down and away from me. 

(Y/N Point of View)

He hands  me the camel and I politely take it, I hop on it and straddle it. I try to make myself comfortable, and the animal itself. It is quite cute, I gently stroke it on the neck as we move. After an hour of traveling Jonathan starts to speak up.

"Never did like camels, they smell, they bite, they spit." He states out of spite, I turn to him and back to my camel.

"I think they're adorable." I pet it's head. The man from the prison starts to sing in Arabic, as we move along. The wind picks up and gets stronger as we move along, making the trip seem like we've been here for days. 

When it turns night, my tiredness gets a hold of me. I close my eyes and lean on something as we move, I feel a hand pick me up and place me straight, I sit up and my eyes open lowly. The sun shines bright as we see the other people from the boat arrive as well. One man speaks up, I look seeing it was Mr.Henderson.

"Remember the bet O'Connell five-hundred bucks." His eyes spots mine, "Hello again Y/N." I nod politely, but quickly look away. 

We all wait in silence as the sun continues to rise, when it does it uncovers a building. I gasp at the beautiful sight as it goes on. Once it fully appears I look back to the others, seeing O'Connell stare them down.

"Go!" He shouts, we all hit our camels and horses and speed off to the building, Hamunaptra. I speed up behind O'Connell and that man Beni from before. I watch him hit O'Connell with a whip as they ride. 

O'Connell stays put as he kept getting whipped, only to grab onto his shirt and throw the rude man off, he rolls and I look down.

"Now that serves you right." I state as I finally meet O'Connell, I remain the speed by his side. I turn to see O'Connell staring at me, he smiles and I return it. I whip the camel and gain more speed, making me first in the line. I speed pass the stone wall and win the race. 

I hop off the camel and praise it for it's speed, I pet and scratch it all over with gratitude. I laugh and turn to see O'Connell staring at me, we look at each other silently, before he grabs my camel. The others arrive and we set up base, I help Eve set up things as Jonathan and O'Connell ties up our animals.

"Y/N! Look!" I turn and happily smile at the statue. "Anubis, that's where Amun-ra should be." I nod and walk to Jonathan. "Jonathan that's for catching the sun--thank you Y/N" I help him out and fix the position of the mirror. 

"You can go, I got this Jonathan." He walks away as I fix it. 

"What are these mirrors for?" I look up seeing his curious expression.

"Mr. O'Connell these mirror are an ancient myth, trust me, you'll see it when it happens." I smile and finish it up, as he speaks again.