Chapter 16

Julia's POV

A week after our shopping trip, it was time to leave for the retreat.

Ivy and I had spent a day packing our bags and talking about our plans. It was exciting to be leaving the country. I'd never been away before.

Maple Creek had been my whole life and I couldn't wait to have a vacation.

"Okay, I think I've got everything. What time's our flight?" I said, wheeling my suitcase into the kitchen to greet Reed, Blade and Ivy.

"It's at 11AM." Reed said, distracted by something on his phone.

"11AM? That's in an hour and a half! We need to get to the airport!" I exclaimed.

Suddenly they all began laughing at me and exchanging glances.

"What?"

"Don't worry. The plane won't leave without us." Blade said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You'll see." Reed winked.

~

We all got into the limousine, ready for our flight. We were meeting the rest of the Vipers in Sicily.

I was worried that we were going to miss our flight but I knew better than to doubt Reed at this point.

The driver suddenly turned down an empty street, which confused me as it wasn't following the signs to the airport.

We then drove out onto a huge runway with an extremely lavish plane in the centre.

"We're here." Reed announced as we got out of the car.

"What? We're going on that?" I exclaimed.

"Yes, it's my private jet."

"You have a private jet?" I gawped.

"Julia, how many times do I have to tell you that Reed has everything?" Ivy laughed.

"She's not wrong." Blade shrugged.

We all approached the jet as our bags were dealt with by the driver. Reed linked my arm under his as we entered the plane.

It was gorgeous. It looked incredibly expensive and had about 12 large seats with 2 tables and a sofa.

There was champagne on arrival (which I didn't drink of course) and mini hors d'oeuvres.

It was as if I was in a dream. I couldn't believe it.

"So what do you think?" Reed asked, falling into one of the large window seats.

"It's unbelievable." I said, sitting across from him while Blade and Ivy sat together on the sofa.

"Well, when you said you'd never flown before, I had to make it memorable." he shrugged.

"Really? You did this for me?"

"Well kind of, I already owned the plane but I don't usually use it."

"I love it."

"I'm glad. Now get comfortable because we have a long flight ahead of us."