Chapter 37

On the car journey home, Reed and I sat in the back, attempting to comfort each other after the horrific day we'd had.

He sat with his arm around me as I cuddled into him and it felt so good to finally be able to be with him.

He was now officially mine and no-one was going to take him away from me.

"So, I know this is extremely fast but seeing as we have already lived together...will you come home?" he asked, looking down at me hopefully.

"I mean that depends, which room has Evelyn been staying in whilst I've been moved out?"

"In the smallest guest room at the opposite end of the house." he smirked.

"Wow, so you didn't give her the warmest welcome then?"

"Absolutely fucking not."

"I thought she'd be staying in your room to be honest."

"Wow, you really have no faith in me Jules." he said, shaking his head jokingly. "The only other person staying in my room will be you."

"Hold on...I've not agreed to it yet. I happen to quite like my house." I smiled teasingly.

"I could always move in there."

"Excuse me, you weren't invited." I chuckled.

"But I bought you that house!" he said, slightly offended.

"I'm kidding Reed, I'd love to come home. I've missed it a lot." I laughed.

"Good, you had me worried there for a second, but there'll be one slight change."

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"You won't be staying in the guest room anymore." he smiled, taking my chin between his fingers to lean down and kiss me softly.

"Sounds good to me." I whispered.

"Boss, we're almost home." Cyrus shouted from the driver's seat.

"Good, thank you Cyrus...this is going to be fun." Reed said.

~

When we arrived back at Reed's house, we were all ready to see the showdown of a lifetime.

It was finally time to kick Evelyn out of that house and give her what she deserves.

Reed took my hand as we got out of the car and entered the house, followed by the three guys.

We walked into the house and Reed honestly looked furious. When he found out that Evelyn had been a part of the plan to kill me...let's just say that I don't think he was very pleased.

"Evelyn!" he boomed as we all stood in the middle of the hall.

We soon heard a pair of heels scurrying around the house toward us, as she appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Reed- oh, you." she sneered as her face went from joyful to bitter when she saw me.

I could see her assessing the image in front of her, the three gang members as well as myself stood in the hallway.

"I see the mission went well." she said as she crossed her arms and strutted down the stairs towards us.

"It did actually." Reed said.

"What are you doing? Get your hands off my fiance!" she said once she realised that Reed and I were holding hands.

I needed his support if I was going to face her.