Chapter 22

"Zach?"

"Julia? Hey!"

He was walking down the street beside a couple of guys, who I assumed were also in the Vipers and leaned down to greet me with a hug.

I saw Reed tense up beside me and wasn't entirely sure why. Blade and Ivy were completely oblivious as he gave her a piggy back towards the car. I was right about her shoes giving her blisters.

"How do you know Zach?" Reed asked in his deep voice with furrowed brows. I also noticed his fist clenched, but decided to ignore it.

"Oh, we met at your party." I replied truthfully. "We've been texting since we got to Italy."

"Yeah, Julia's eh- r-really nice." Zach stuttered, obviously intimidated by Reed's mere presence.

"Well, we've got to go. I expect to see you boys at training tomorrow morning." Reed boomed.

"But I thought we had the week off." A guy behind Zach said, sounding extremely annoyed.

"Not anymore. I decided that we're having one more training session tomorrow morning, so I expect you all to be present or you know the consequences."

With that, he grabbed my wrist tightly and began dragging me towards the car.

"Reed, stop!" I yelled.

He kept walking until we reached the car, where he finally released his grip and turned around to face me.

"That was so rude! And you really hurt my wrist, what is wrong with you?" I said angrily.

"You aren't to talk to Zach anymore." he demanded, completely ignoring my comments.

"What? You can't control who I talk to."

"I can do whatever the fuck I want and I don't want my fighters being distracted by one of my stupid hostages." he screamed, his eyes turning dark.

As those words escaped his lips I felt a stabbing pain in my heart. I couldn't believe what he'd just said to me.

I even noticed Blade and Ivy turn silent as they watched the scene that Reed was causing. Their mouths dropping open slightly when he spoke.

"W-what did you just call me?" I stammered as my lip began to quiver slightly.

Reed's face dropped as he realised what he'd said.

"Julia I-"

"Don't." I said sharply.

I quickly turned on my heels and began walking away from him and the others.

"Jules, where are you going? Get back here." he ordered.

"Stay the fuck away from me." I shouted as I picked up my speed.

Before I knew it, I was running down the street and I had no clue where I even was.

A couple of tears began making their way down my cheeks as I swiftly wiped them away. I couldn't believe that all he saw me as was a 'stupid hostage'.

I soon arrived at a beach and found myself walking around bare footed in the sand. I then sat down, overlooking the ocean as the sun began to set.

It was gorgeous and I took out my phone to take a picture.

Once I'd snapped a photo of the gorgeous view in front of me, I could see that I'd received a text from Ivy.

'J, are you okay? Where are you? I can't believe he just said that, please come back. Reed refuses to go home without you.'