Chapter 6

George's POV

It was the first day of us officially being a band. New Hope Club. I like this feeling of being in a band, in a group where I share my passion with my mates.

Ben told us to start making covers on YouTube. This way we will get audience easily.

So, right now we all are pondering upon which song to cover first. There are many options like "Story of my life" by One Direction and "Something" by Beatles but none of them seemed right for our first ever cover together.

"How about *Wake Up* by the Vamps?" Blake suggested.
"Yeah, we could do that." I said because this song is sung by The Vamps which is an amazing band and I really look up to them.
"Let's do it then." Reece smiled his winning smile and his cute dimples appeared making him look angel-like. Oh my god! Focus George, focus.

                           ----------
Everything was set. A mic infront of us.
Reece is supposed to sit on a cajon on the far left and play bass and cajon while Blake and I will be standing up playing guitar.
"Ready, 3 2 1, Action" Ben said with a thumbs up as he set up the camera.

We started playing the instruments.

                           ~~~~~~~

"So wake up!" We all sang in unison.
"Cut" Ben yelled.
We all had wide smile on our faces now. We finally recorded our first cover together.
"Well done boys. That was great. Y'all have a long way to go." Ben appreciated.
We were all grinning by now.
And yes, I think we did really well. Reece's voice is angelic I swear. The way he played his bass and I was surprised at how well he played the cajon. I DID NOT try to sneak a peek at him. I DID NOT.

"Cool, y'all can go and do whatever now. I'm gonna edit this and post it on YouTube tonight." Ben informed without even looking at us, busy much.
"Okay lads, let's go have lunch in the restaurant nearby. I don't know about you guys but I'm hella hungry." I spoke.
"Yes yes, can we please go to the park near the restaurant after we are done?" Reece asked with his same old cheeky smile and how can one say no to that smile!
I was about to speak when-
"Yeah sure mate, as you wish." Blake smiled at Reece affectionately. OKAY!

        --------

After we are done with our lunch, we were all walking towards the park when Ben called me.
"Yeah Ben." I answered.
"You guys forgot to shoot an intro." He replied.
"Oh shoot! Okay okay, we'll shoot one right now and send it to you. Alright?" I spoke.
"Yeah, better but do it fast yeah!" Ben said hanging up.

"Guys, we gotta film an intro for our cover." I said with a shrug.
"Oh right, let's do it then."
Blake took out his mobile and we filmed an intro in which I couldn't control my laughter I don't know why.

--------
We are finally back from the park and we are all really tired because of playing football for so long.

We are now sitting in my drawing room with our mobile phones in our hands.
I was just checking upon my Instagram feed when Reece got a call.
He stiffed up as soon as he saw the caller ID. Who could it be? He excused himself and went to the balcony to talk to this unknown person who got him so worked up.
Blake and I looked at each other in confusion and shrugged.

In a few minutes a frustrated Reece came back into the room.

I guess Blake sensed it as well and asked "Something wrong mate?"
"Hella wrong, yes. My ex girlfriend called."
I was shook. His girlfriend. Obviously! Why did I never wonder if he's dating someone or not?
Ignoring the burning sensation at the pit of my stomach I asked "oh, what did she say?"
I was scared he'd say *we are back together* but instead he said "She freaking wants to come back in a relationship now that she knows I'm in a band."

-×-×-×-

Ah, old days! I'm not a fan since their first cover but I have been since the *dusk till dawn* cover days.

who do y'all think is the ex girlfriend? ╮(^▽^)╭

Please vote and share your opinion.
⊂((・▽・))⊃
xoxo

~ curvy