'CHAPTER: 18'

Flashback (Mahir POV)

"Are you fucking out of your mind, Pearl? Do you just realised what are you going do?" Xavier yelled at me the moment I finished telling him everything. And just like the great brother he is, he also think Bella didn't cheat on me. How many times I have to clearify that she actually cheated on me? I'm fed of this people who take her side. Yesterday was my parents and now my bestfriend.

"I'm sure Xav. You yourself saw the photos, don't you?" I yelled frustratedly

"Don't take such decisions which will ruin your life." He said and paused

"Think one more time." He finished. I sat on my chair and think what he just said. But the picture of Bella with Mike blocked all the senses in me.

"I will do this" I said determinedly but deep down I know I don't want this. I don't want to divorce her. I don't want to let her go.

"Don't come to me when you will regret your decision." He whispered and left from my office.

After few mins my lawyer come with the papers and at the same time Bella arrived. She looked pale and her eyes were red due to crying. She sat across me and I just sit there staring at her. How I wanted to go and comfort her. To wipe her tears but I can't.

"Sign" I gesture to the paper's. I masked my face with no emotion. She looked at me for a brief moment before signing the paper's with trembling hands. I snatched the paper's from her and signed immediately.

"Mrs Al- Miss Grayson Mr Alfonsi want you to keep all the things he had given you. He gave half of his property and the island in Miami. Is that okay with you?" My lawyer said whatever I instructed him. I don't want Bella to feel homeless. Even though she cheated on me it's her right as my wife to take half of my property.

"No! I don't want anything related to this man." She said sternly pointing her finger at me. I was shocked with her confidence. Why she didn't want the money when I'm willing to give her? Is she want more?

"If you want more I can--" I was left interrupted.

"I said I don't want anything from you." She said and stood up. I look at her. She was on verge of crying.

"Good bye Mr Alfonsi." She said placing the ring infront of me. It was the engagement ring which I gave her when I proposed her.

She look at me for few mins with unknown emotion before walking away and slam the door behind.

She's gone.

She's really gone.

"Mr Alfonsi, I will take your leave." He said nodding at me and left me alone.

I look at the papers where I sign. We are divorced. I should be happy now but why I can't feel anything. She did cheated on me but why I felt something is wrong. Something is definitely wrong. I need to find my answers.

"Are you okay baby?" I heard a voice and look up to see britanny with some files in her hand.

"Leave" I stated and turn around from her. Right now I'm not in the mood..

"Is everything okay?" She asked once again and placed her hand on my shoulder and lean slightly on my back. I jerked her hand away and pushed her harshly. She lost her balance and got collided by my desk resulting the papers kept on the table to fall in the fire place.

Shit!

I pushed her away and look at the divorce papers which turned into ashes in just a mere second. I felt my blood boil with anger.