Cₕₐₚₜₑᵣ ₂ {ₜₕₑ ₒᵤₜₛᵢdₑ wₒᵣₗd}

Warning:

Trigger warnings are as follow, if there are any more please kindly remind me in the comments.

-

-

-

Anxiety

A perilous journey awaits.... on the other side of the cliff.

Chirp! Chirp!

.

.

.

They ran and ran, no one knew where their feet would lead them.

But as of now, the only thing that mattered was that they had safely escaped and they were together.

The new landscapes they saw, the diversity and the difference of the outside world from those of inside the farms.

This.... -this was freedom.

A breath of fresh air.

"They're huge..." Don couldn't help but be astonished at the towering trees that could have reached even the skies, could cover them from the rain. Indeed, in was a sight to see.

Ray who was being observant looked around, moving his eyes from here to there. This outcome was not one that he had expected.

Why was it that the outside had differed from those picture books that they had saw?

There was no Eiffel tower, no buildings. Just..... trees, gigantic ones.

'This isn't going to be easy as I thought.' He brooded. Surely, it was rather confusing.

As they walked a couple more paces, Emma, who was leading the group came to a stop.

After taking in to consideration the stamina and how long they had been running, she perceived that it was better if they had stop by for a rest first.

After all, it is quite tiring waking up early and running fast enough to avoid getting caught.

"Okay everyone! Time to rest! Let's eat breakfast here!" Emma exclaimed as she turned to the children, as expected they had been tired, and as if they were given a reward, their faces had immediately lit up.

All of them scouted and finally found a place, under a big tree, it looked like a little porch.

Most of them promptly gathered and settled down, except one. Chris looked at Emma with curiosity and worry, "Emma, aren't you eating with us?" the little boy asked.

Emma crouched down and patted the little boy's head, giving him a bright smile in the process. "No, I'll stand here and keep watch.....So go back and don't worry about staying alert!" 

After confirming, Chris ran back to the others without worry.

The girl's face was sullen as she looked around, keeping an eye out for possible troubles they might encounter.

Since Emma was a selfless person, she was ready to do everything for them, even as far as to have no rest, as long as everyone else was safe, no one to threaten their life.

She would give everything, as long as it was for them.

Of course, all of that serious thinking lasted until someone smooshed a jar of water to her cheeks.

Emma shuddered and looked to the side distractedly only to find Ray with his straight face, an unmoving mountain.

"Heyoooooo."He greeted nonchalantly without a care in the whole damn world.