Cₕₐₚₜₑᵣ ₉ {ᵣₑₛcᵤₑ}

Warning:

Trigger warnings are as follow, if there are any/ any more please kindly remind me in the comments.
-

-

-

-

'I promised I'd stay alive.... I'd never give up. I swore it.'

"COME UP!!" A person's voice came dawning upon Ray as his life flashed before his eyes.

'Wha-' he thought. Seeing that hand extended out to him, he gritted his teeth.

He didn't know who this person was and the danger it may pose if he ever took that hand but survival was the most important thing right now and he didn't have time to waste this opportunity.

Without hesitation, Ray grabbed onto the hooded man and slumped over to the creature the man was riding, slowly losing consciousness due to exhaustion.

Clack! Clack!

The hooves of the creature went faster as the demons were chasing them from behind.

Smoke immersed and both Ray and the mysterious man disappeared, completely out of sight.

"Nothing here?!" The demon shouted, aggravated.

"Where are they?!"

Hearing a gigantic tree shook, the demons looked back only to see a clouded expression from the head masked demon who was seething with anger.

"How could you let them escape?" it snarled, his companions cowered in fear upon hearing his anger.

"It's that... we've lost their scent because of that smoke...." one replied with a shaky voice.

"Then use your eyes!" The demon vented out in frustration.

"81994 was likely lying about their deaths and some are bound to remain."

"THEY MUST BE RECOVERED." A slash ran down across the gigantic tree and it landed with a loud thud.

Gasp!

Ray woke up only to find himself in a cave. A dark damp cave with only a lamp illuminating their surroundings.

His thoughts were immediately flooded with worry over Emma and the other children now oblivious of the entirety of the cave, he stumbled upon something who turned out to be the ginger he was trying to look for.

"Whoa! What the-" Ray exclaimed,  seeing unconscious Emma with a couple of bruises. Slowly his surprise became shock.

"EMMA?!" The boy immediately checked Emma, her breathing and consciousness.

"Is that you.....Ray?" The latter opened her eyelids slowly awakened by the sudden ruckus. 

Having just awakened from her slumber, she absentmindedly patted Ray's back.

Coming into realization that Ray was actually really there, the girl's eyes softened. "You're still alive... I'm so glad you're alive!!!!!" Emma hugged Ray, glad that he was fine and back in one piece.

Making the reunion short, both of them stood up.

"Ray... what is this place?" Emma asked, finally aware.

"So you're in the dark too?" Ray replied a bit surprised that Emma didn't know as well, but he didn't really show it and still kept a straight face as he always does.

"Huh?" The ginger was confused, but Ray concluded and thought about it.

"Hm.... I see. So we were both saved at different time and different places, the hooded man and the hooded girl... who are they? Are they our allies?"

"I think they're not hostile,  probably... I only have a vague memory of her, but she was so kind and gentle..." Emma remarked, remembering the soft and gentle voice of the mysterious girl.

"Yes, her voice was beautiful and kind."

"Uh... that's not really the point here."

Emma concluded that if there were humans outside it must've been Minerva and there was a possibility that they were rescued by his comrades .

All of a sudden, an approaching light could be seen at a distance.

"They're coming."

They were met with the hooded girl holding the lamp, Emma and Ray stiffened upon seeing her.

"Excuse me..." Emma's voice was kind of shaky, she was nervous and scared.

Before any more words were spoken, Emma's fear was replaced as she was startled by the girl suddenly grabbing her shoulders.

"You're better!" The hooded girl exclaimed earning shocked looks from both. "I'm so glad you've recovered. How do you feel?" She asked, more calmly this time.

"Er... yes, fine, thank you!" Emma replied and the mysterious girl smiled at her, rambling  that since they were injured they should rest and are forbidden from hard work.

"You all did a great job... escaping from that farm. It's all right now, so please rest and rest here for the night ok?" The girl gently said, holding Emma and Ray's hands and momentarily leading them the way where their friends were.

As they were walking in silence, Ray interrupted it by asking a question. "Excuse me, what about the hooded man? Is he your companion?"

"Oh, you mean Sung Joo? Yes, he's over here too."

"So it wasn't Minerva...." Emma murmured dejectedly as she hung her head low.

"Minerva?" The hooded girl questioned, for some reason it seemed as if she has heard about that familiar name before.

"Take me to Minerva, please! please!"

"William Minerva. Perhaps you've heard of him?" Emma looked at the hooded girl who just shook her head and oddly stayed silent.

"Please, please...."

They kept walking the pathway, until Ray caught sight of something that did not belong to a human being.

"Thank you...." He started. "For helping us, really... I have to say I'm truly grateful. I'd just like to ask you one little thing....." The boy held Emma's hand as if protecting her and looked at the hooded girl with narrowed eyes.

"Why did you save us?" A momentary pause.

"Why are you demons protecting your livestock?"

A smile curled up again the girl's face, this time, one that was devoid of kindness.

"Both of you are demons right? You... and that man, what do you mean to do?" Ray continued as a shadowy figure suddenly approached them from behind, a sound of spear clinking with the ground.

"Could you go ahead and explain it to us then.... dear demon?"

It turned out, the rescue did not come from humans.

Instead from demons themselves, huh.