Cₕₐₚₜₑᵣ ₈ {ₛₐᵥₑd by wₕₐₜ?}

Warning:

Trigger warnings are as follow, if there are any/ any more please kindly remind me in the comments.
-

-

-

-

"This way....." The hooded girl was insisting they follow with her, some skeptical and some in hesitation. "Come this way."

There was no way this was safe.

"A normal person...?"

"She's a girl."

Relief washed over some especially the younger children, a person had come to save them. 

However, were they really sure it was a person? A human being?

"Follow me." She once asserted again.

"Wait." Gilda narrowed her eyes in suspicion, it was way too convenient, Emma was down and Ray was nowhere to be found. What's more is that this girl, came exactly as the same time their pursuers did.

"Who are you and what are you doing in a place like this....?" Gilda questioned.

"Show your face." She bellowed and suddenly, tension was lingering around the air. The hooded girl, however, just smiled at the children.

Ray, unaware of what was happening, was still running, running away, running out of options and was getting more tired by the minute.

But they just wouldn't stop no matter how much he tried to shake them off.

'Left.' The boy thought as he ran to the left, throwing the scarf he wore to one of the demons, effectively blocking the its view.

'Not here?' The masked demon thought, but as effective as that could've been, it was only a small piece of clothing. Not long enough, Ray was found again.

"Tsk!" Ray clicked his tongue in annoyance, he just couldn't shake the bastards off of his tail.

He was running out of cards to play.

"How stubborn it is." One demon said. "Not to worry. It's about to collapse." The other added.

The situation was clear as it is, the only drive that was keeping Ray from collapsing due to fatigue was the will to keep the others safe, away from the pursuers.

"Hm. The situation is clear. It's about time."

"Engage wolf pack formation. Make haste and corner it." The head demon commanded and the others communicated with their language.

It was as if Ray was sitting in that chair back at the farm, playing chess with Isabella.

Where he lost every single time, driven to a corner without any way out.

A dead end.

"It's over." The head demon seethed.

'I'm not letting you call it.' Ray thought angrily as he looked at the demon.

 He didn't want to die yet and he didn't want to be captured either, so he ran again, yet this time... he had no more energy.

It was checkmate.

"Rest now. You've done well." The head demon looked down at the boy who collapsed to the ground.

'Like hell! Move damn it!' Ray desperately tried to move but his body could no longer keep up with his thoughts. The demon was about to pick him up.

"GIVE UP." It growled.

The boy was about to get captured, a few inches away from him was going to be the hand of the demon dragging him back to the farm he loathed so much.

Yet, before it could happen, a spark of hope ignited.

A different hand was offered and picked him up, seating him on a creature.

"Come up, now!" A man yelled. An unfamiliar voice, a blurred vision of a hood was what Ray could make out of it.

'Who is this?' Was his last thought before he blacked out in complete darkness.