Cₕₐₚₜₑᵣ ₇ {ₚᵤᵣₛᵤₑᵣₛ}

Warning:

Trigger warnings are as follow, if there are any/ any more please kindly remind me in the comments.
-

-

-

-

slight gore, slight mention of death

SLASH !

'Huh? What happened? His head went flying! How did that happen?!' Ray's eyes widened as he stared dumbfounded at the demon's limp body, head now detached.

"Found them."

That moment, Ray realized how dire the situation was. Their pursuers had already caught up to them and at an especially fast pace as well.

"Insolent knave....." The masked demon said.

'Tch! Damn it! They're here....at the worst possible time!!' The boy clasped his hands as he huddled behind the tree, his eyes narrowing and teeth clenched.

Ray was conflicted about what to do, how to escape, how to shake them off. 

While he was thinking, a voice interrupted his train of thoughts. "This thing hasn't eaten. I don't smell any scent of human from its mouth."

He then sparked up an idea, a gamble to be exact. He didn't know if it would work or not. Everything rested on this, Ray promised he wouldn't die after all and he planned to keep that promise.

"Are you hiding over there? You can come out now. Thank goodness you're safe, the big bad monster has been taken care off, it's alright." Ray didn't say anything in remark of what the masked demon said and kept silent, his calculating eyes never leaving the ground.

"Should I drag him out?"

"No, stay where you are."

The demon walked a little bit closer, insisting that Ray should come out. Just as if he was giving a lollipop to a small child.

Too bad that wasn't the case.

Unbeknownst to the demon, Ray scribbled something on the tree finishing off with a grin on his face. 'I knew it. They haven't found Emma and the others yet!'

Knowing that the others were safe, he could engage his plan without any worries. He couldn't help but smile. 'I'm pretty sure death would be easier.' the boy thought.

'But I won't die. Not after I promised. I'm going to live and protect my family.'

He left a message scribbled on the tree as he walked out and faced the masked demons. 'Emma, next time we meet, we'll be in B 06-32!'

"Took you long enough. Everyone's already dead." Ray stated monotonously and moved his scarf away from his neck revealing his ID number.

"So he is indeed premium quality 81194."

"Just so you know, I have no intention of going back there just to be eaten." The ravenette said, his black piercing gaze focused at the head demon.

"Your opinion matters not. Capture him!" The masked demon sneered as he commanded.

Now the game of chase has begun!

Somewhere, oblivious of what was happening on Ray's side, was Emma and the others who currently stopped running.

A subtle noise made them all come to a halt. "What was that sound just now?" The ginger said, turning back to the opposite direction.

"What?! Is something crazy after us again?!" Nat's pupils widened as he sweated at the scary thought of having another starving creature lunging for them.

The children formed a circle, keeping each other close, took a time to calm themselves down from the exhausting escape.

"Ray's taking a while, isn't he? He....he should be back by now." Gilda said with a worried look on her face, a frown on her forehead.

They all came into the realization and worriedly thought about it, that something must've happened, that maybe, just maybe... it was their pursuers.

That being said, Ray was still running away from the dreadful demons, fatigue slowly catching up to him.

"Emma? Are you okay? Your face is very pale!" One of the children asked worriedly as he hugged Emma, staring at her rather pale complexion.

"I'm fine!" The latter replied as she patted the child's head.

She was most definitely not fine.

"I'm just gonna go check on the situation. Everyone else, keep heading downwind." Emma instructed, everyone nodded and ran to the opposite direction until they heard a thud.

There laid Emma, not having taken a step forward, "EMMA?!" The others hurriedly ran to check on the girl who apparently fainted.

"EMMA, WHAT'S WRONG?!"

Turns out the injury on her ear had opened, she was bleeding and to top it off, she had a fever which made her collapse, her pallid expression worsening by the minute.

"What do we do?! First Ray, now Emma....."

In their worried states, they noticed rustling behind them. That same noise from earlier again.

When all of them turned a hooded person came into view, the glowing insects surrounding her. 

Extending a hand to the children...."This way....." she said.

"Come this way." 

A smile crawled up her face.