Chapter One: Teddy's Revelation

The day I got married was the happiest day of my life. It didn’t have to do with the ceremony or the reception after. It wasn’t because I was head over heels in love. That day was the happiest day of my life because I knew I had successfully gotten out of the backwater shitty town that I had grown up in and I never would have to go back. Teddy had saved me from a life of dumping tobacco spit out of a bucket every day. He didn’t know that though, and he never would.

I left Clearwater, Arkansas, when I was seventeen years old. There’s not much to say about the place besides it was small and I didn’t fit in there. I think I might have been the only gay guy for ten thousand miles. I kid you not. Well, anyways, I changed my name and moved out to New York City. It was a huge mistake at first because I hadn’t realized how expensive the city was. Thankfully, I found a job, and a roommate, Samantha Hamilton.

Samantha was the kind of girl who never understood what physical labor was and never would. Her father was a successful businessman on Wall Street and her mother was a famous wedding gown designer.  She and I met at a club and hit it off from the moment, I complimented her on her Prada shoes. We were practically inseparable after.

Samantha let me stay with her, rent-free. She insisted as her father paid for the luxury apartment that I would have never been able to afford on my waiter salary.

I met Teddy, or should I say Theodore Charles Goldstein, at one of Samantha’s father’s soirees. I was Samantha’s plus one. Samantha introduced the two of us. Teddy worked for his father at a multi-million dollar corporation. Teddy’s father and Samantha’s were very good friends. They were frat brothers at Dartmouth. She and Teddy had practically grown up together. Her parents were convinced that they would get married one day. Too bad for her, the handsome devil had turned out to be gay.

Teddy and I hit it off immediately. Teddy was a charmer and he was very persuasive. He wined, dined me and showed me things I had never seen before. You could say I was mesmerized by his wealth and good looks.  He was my first boyfriend and the first guy I had ever had sex with. Those honey brown eyes and that dark brown hair; I was practically obsessed with him. He popped the question two years later.

He and I have been married ever since.

****************

I groaned as I arched my back, stretching my body up towards the ceiling. I did yoga three times a week, in my personal gym. Teddy worked out on his own schedule.

“Perfect form,” Xavier, my personal trainer, commented. I wiped the sweat from my forehead, as my eyes focused on Xavier’s pectoral muscles. God, he was so ripped. I just wanted him to throw me over his shoulders and take me right on that counter. Oh, the things I would do to Xavier. If only he knew. Hell, if only he wasn’t as straight as a pole.

“Yoga? Seriously?” Samantha’s voice echoed. I dropped down onto my mat, as she walked towards me. She was dressed to the nine’s, of course. She never left the house looking any other way. Her fiery red hair was pinned up into a black hat. She must have gone shopping because I had never seen that particular black dress before. I knew Samantha’s closet like the back of my hand.

“Did you just buy that dress?” I asked as I rolled my mat up. Xavier took it from me and placed it into the closet.

“No,” she replied firmly. “Frederick bought it for me. He got it when he was in France. And what happened to Ricardo? I thought he was your personal trainer.”

Oh Frederick. Frederick was Samantha’s current boyfriend. He was sickeningly rich, but a little bit older. Ok – he was a lot older. He was practically prehistoric. Samantha always went after older men though. I think she has some daddy issues.