Chapter XI ~ i ( Isa ) Part I - Frozen Among The Flames

___________

Note: Subtle Sexual Themes/ Blood
Mentioning Of Cutting (Not Self-Harm Related)

___________

I had officially lost my sense of time. From the very second Dwayne had pulled me into his arms for our first intimate embrace everything around me became irrelevant, would slowly drift into the background & allow me to fully savour the sensations & emotions bestowed in all their purity. There was even a moment where I thought - or much rather 'feared' - that I was only dreaming, that's how detached I felt from the world, but the vampire's gentle heartbeat ringing out mere inches away from my ear as well as the warmth his body radiated the entire time was a reminder that neither life nor truth had left my current reality, as much as I dreaded the opposite.

I leaned into his strong muscular chest, my arms around his frame intertwining like tendrils while the towel around my body was slowly growing loose, with our embrace as the only force to keep it in place.
Not that I was thinking about breaking it anytime soon; to be honest I did not want this embrace to come to an end, ever.

Dwayne's breath grazed the top of my head, the hair on the back of my neck arising when he whispered against my forehead & brought his hands up to my shoulders, covering each of them with one of his slightly rugged palms.

" Please look at me, Lily. "

The sound of his voice as well as the way it dropped once he said my name made me shudder & I hesitated for a moment, my arms still tightly wrapped around him as if to ensure he wouldn't disappear again.

Soon I surrendered, peering up at Dwayne whose features were now illuminated by the moonlight that entered the hallway through a small window.

There was something in his eyes that had not been there just a moment ago, a faint glow signalizing deepest concern & a kind of sadness that inevitably came with it, & I could tell by the way he was looking at me that it had him on edge.
I blinked nervously, trying to not allow things to sway me which was much easier said than done...

" Dwayne... What's the matter? "

Beneath my palms I felt a tremor vibrate through his broad chest, one that startled me just as much since our embrace was so tight.

" I know what you have seen... because I have seen it too. "

" What..? "
He couldn't possibly be referring to my dream...

" Your dream with David ~ ", he responded like he had just read my mind, his grip on my shoulders growing firmer.
" ~ I know what happened in that dream, Lily. I know everything. "

" ...So that is the reason you came back? "

I felt a cool draft against my spine from the direction of my bedroom & immediately shivered in Dwayne's arms. I assumed that he had opened one of my bedroom windows in order to get inside the house.

" To talk to me about a simple dream? "

The vampire dressed himself in silence, gazing down at a somewhat intimidated me with an alarmed expression on his face; a face that in spite of its juvenile aura had undoubtedly witnessed far more decades than my young self could possibly comprehend.

'A face so young, from a time so old...'
Just like in one of my self-written poems...

I swallowed down a great deal of my own inner turmoil.
" Dwayne..? "

The eye contact between us remained unbroken, so did the emotional tension, solely his hands moved away from my shoulders & slithered up to my face, cupping each side of it with a wariness I had never experienced in a man before.