Chapter XIV ~ ᛈ ( Perthro ) Part IV - Uprise

[ Regression ]

_________________

Those words...
I remembered them well. Too well.

Cold, bony fingers slithered down my shoulder & around my throat, gently dragging me closer towards the voice's source:

" ...what a gawk, that son of Pan.
Let's haul him forth...
Let's drag him down..."

A pair of unnaturally hot lips touched my neck, scattering ginger-scented gasps of breath all over my skin; they were so intense & numerous, I actually trembled at the sensation. It was oddly arousing yet at the same time terrifying.
There was a heart beating close to my spine, sending gentle vibrations through my own body with every beat.

" Let's speak together, a timbrous clan ~ "

A second hand landed on my shoulder inches away from my wound, caressing the in goosebumps covered skin before closing around my arm to ensure I wouldn't suddenly take off.

" ...calling forth... the Mummer Man. "
A derisive, low chuckle ensued.

" You know that story, don't you? Of course you do. It is one of your favourites... "

How could he possibly know that?

I wanted to respond. I wanted to scream. I wanted to call for help. But all that came out of my mouth was a nearly breathless gasp, my lips quivering more with each breath that grazed my neck.

" How considerate of you to leave the window unlocked... & kind of reckless if you ask me. Have you already forgotten that out there, in the darkest shadows of the world, evil dwells & lurks? "

" I... I closed that window... "
I finally managed to speak, my voice more of a feeble whisper than anything.
" I remember closing it... "

" Huh.. It looked pretty open to me, Lilyora ~
But it's not like I'm complaining. No. In fact, it made the whole procedure so much easier... "
The intruder's hold on me tightened as he dragged me even closer, tilting his head to place his face in my hair where he took a deep breath.

" ...& just like the flower on the meadow that no one ever touched, you smell divine! "

I nearly moaned as he carefully bent my neck to the side, his burning hot lips travelling along the surface of my skin & parting just enough for me to feel the tips of two razor-sharp fangs. My eyes widened, my jaw dropped to release a first cry for help when his melodious voice entered my ears:

" Make but one sound & I swear, I will tear him to shreds right in front of your pretty eyes... "

Knowing that he was already aware of Michael's presence in my house & therefore aiming his threats directly at him I responded with nothing but a sigh of defeat & quickly nodded, signalizing that I was willing to cooperate. It wasn't like I had much of a choice anyway.

" Good girl ~ ", he whispered as he took yet another deep draw of my scent.
" Now... Before your lover returns & makes things unnecessarily difficult... Let us depart, shall we? "

" She isn't going anywhere, my friend... And certainly not with you! "

My eyes wandered out of the kitchen & into the hallway where they spotted David, his tall athletic frame gradually inching into view. He looked oddly relaxed, standing with arms crossed over his chest & a poised, almost bored expression on his face, eyeing the two of us with strange interest.