Feeling strange Aaron Hotchner criminal minds x reader

Your pov:

I had always been close to my boss Aaron but I had never thought anything more than him being my boss so when he asked me to baby sit Jack while he was out on a date felt a bit strange. But I agreed anyway feeling like it could be rather fun.
I grabbed my stuff and headed into hotch's office.
"Hey Hotch I was wondering if I could have your address so I know where I'm going tonight!" I laugh feeling a bit awkward now asking for my bosses address.
" oh don't be silly y/n I'll bring you back with me unless you need anything from your house?" He chuckled I laughed a bit before saying I'd wait for him at my desk and quickly started to look at my unfinished paper work.

" you ready to go ?" Hotch's voice rang through my ears. I jumped startled, " I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you!" He chuckled again.
I rolled my eyes  " no it's fine sir, sorry I made such a fuss let's go shall we!" I said sweeping my folders into a pile and grabbing my bag.

The car was quiet but peaceful and we just watched the building go by as we made our way toward Aaron's home.

***Time skip*****

" so he must be in bed by 8:30 no sweets past 7 and defiantly no toys left out! Got it!" Aaron listed off what wasn't allowed I nod panicked maybe this wasn't going to be as fun as I thought it would be. " oh and y/n if you need anything don't be scared to ring and there are some spare clothes in my room Incase I get lucky and don't come home tonight" he half joked I laughed along too and just straighten up his tie before pushing him out the door.

" ok Jack what are we going to do first?" I laughed turning to the small boy who smiled and scream "Let's make cupcakes!"
I giggled and got everything ready
" ok are you ready Jack I need you egg cracking skills!" I giggled handing him an egg and helping him crack it into the mixture.
" I did it I did it!" He shouted with glee and all I could do was smile.
" ok now that's in the oven why don't we get you cleaned up huh ?" I smile helping him off the stool he was stood on. He giggled before running off and hiding from me. I could play a game if hide and seek and you best believe I was going to win against Jack bless him. I ran around the house checking every spot possible.
" oh Jack I've got the cupcakes out do you want to help me decorate them?" I shout trying to tempt him out but it wasn't working.
Then out of no where he jumped on to my back
" I got you y/n" he giggled as I spun around pretending to try and shake him off.
" yes you did you little monster!" I giggled now tickling him hearing his loud giggles take over the house.

The door clicked and it swung open to show a sad looking Hotch.
" well I'm glad someone had a good night and stayed up way past bed time!" He chuckled picking Jack up. " that's the last time I let y/n babysit huh Jack!" He chuckled as his son wined
"No she's the best!" I chuckled and ruffled his hair.
" come on Jack why don't we get you cleaned up and ready for bed so that your dad might be able to read you a story!" And with that he sped off toward the bath room. "I'm sorry Aaron I did try I promise and I'll clean the kitchen up before I go!" I sighed knowing I most likely wouldn't get to babysit again considering the awful job I had done.
" don't worry about it get him ready for bed and we will have a glass of wine and talk about it! Yeah?" He said sternly I nod and got on.

"Ok you are all cleaned up now get to bed and because I'm sure your dad is waiting for you!" I giggled as Jack ran out all dressed and ready for bed.
"Wow look how smart you look!" Aaron smiled at his son. " my god y/n you look very soggy doesn't she Jack!" They both giggled
" you little terror you soaked me in that bath!" I giggle before walking back to the bath room trying to dry myself off with a small hand towel.

" thank you y/n it was nice to see him smile like that!" I smile at him before telling him it was no problem.
" wow you tided the kitchen fast I thought it would take us hours!" He chuckled before picking up a cupcake and taking a bite. I roll my eyes before looking down at my soggy clothes and back to the clock.

" well sir I better get going, these clothes won't dry themself." I laugh
" well why don't you change into the clothes I left out we can drink wine and I'll tell you all about my horrible date!" I chuckled silently agreeing before getting changed and meeting Aaron back into the kitchen.

Aaron's POV:
I waited for y/n in the kitchen the date had been horrible she. Talked about her self and then said she hated kids I couldn't do that to Jack and since Haley passed I would do everything to make him happy even if that meant I would be single for the rest of my life. Small footstep bring me back to reality.
" hey thanks sir for the clothes and letting me stay for a bit. I'm excited about hearing your dating horror stories!" She giggled as she smiled at me. I smiled back handing her a glass of red wine and leading her to the living room.
" you know y/n you can call me Aaron when we're not at work!" I beam at her she smile shyly and nodded
" sorry Aaron... so the date what happened?" She sighed putting her glass down and paying me full attention.
" oh i don't know I just felt strange like she was t interested which is understandable she was way out of my league. And then she spoke about kids and said she never wanted them and all they would be good for was cleaning." I rambled on.

" doesn't sound like she was the right one, and kids aren't clean they are messy and fun and the life of every party!" She laughed before grabbing a cup cake that was smothered in icing and glitter.

" your right she wasn't right so I paid the bill and left." I muttered.
" don't give up Hotch you will find someone who's just as smart and interesting... and handsome but maybe they will be a little bit more fun!" I stared at her amused " what you can't have everything!" She laughed at me I too chuckled but something felt weird. Y/n was stunning she was in one of my old jumpers which was fairly big on her and some old  shorts I had. She was good with Jack and funny. God no I can't be feeling like this she's one of my agents.

"Sir are you ok ?" She asked me snapping my out of my daze.
" yeah sorry just tired maybe I should head to bed." I stutter feeling myself blush.
"Yeah no worries dating can really take it out of you! Goodnight." She said awkwardly before kissing my cheek, I could help it my fingers lifted her chin and my lips found there way to hers. To my surprise she responded kissing me back. Our lips fitted together perfectly and I could help but smile into the kiss.
"Daddy I can't sleep!" Jack wined jumping inbetween me and y/n.
" oh is that right ? Maybe we've eaten to many cupcake and the only way to get rid of them is to tickle them out of you!" She giggled chasing jack back to his bed.
" good night Jack!" She says tucking him back in before turning to me
" sorry if I was inappropriate sir I didn't mean to be!" She said sadly
" don't be silly I wanted to ask could I take you on a date. I know it's a bit weird because I'm your boss but I really like you and Jack really likes you and I ...." I muttered feeling more and more awkward.
" I'd like that as long as I don't end up in one of your dating horror story's!" She winks before heading out the front door " oh and sir don't forget to call me yeah ?"
God I can't wait for that date!