Chapter 71

THANIA'S POV:

Day and weeks passed. The will be tomorrow. Daddy was in a hotel right now and Mommy is with me at the house. They are following one of the tradition, which is couples are not allowed to see each other before the wedding. Mommy's currently watching TV, no scratch that, she's listening to the TV while her eyes are glued on her phone.

REGINA: Baby, can we visit your Dad?

THANIA: Mom, just for today. You'll see him tomorrow naman eh.

REGINA: I've been texting and calling him but he's not responding! Naiinis na ako!

THANIA: Baka po natutulog lang? Ngayon lang naman po kayo hindi nagkita eh.

REGINA: I miss him already. Why isn't he answering my calls and text? Kahit isang reply man lang sana. Can we visit him?

THANIA: No! We can't, Mom. Just keep yourself busy on doing this para hindi mo siya mamiss.

REGINA: Please, baby? Just a glimpse of him and a hug. Please?

THANIA: Give me your phone.

She handed me her phone so I checked her home and screen wallpaper, it's their picture together. I gave it back to her and get her iPad to check it's wallpapers. I change it to Daddy's photos and give back to her.

THANIA: Now, stare at those wallpapers para hindu mo na siya ma-miss and I'll just be the one to hug you.

REGINA: Why did you changed my iPad's home and lockscreen wallpaper?! It's your picture when you were younger!

THANIA: It doesn't matter anymore, Mom. You can look and stare at it so you won't miss him na.

REGINA: Anak, I don't have a copy of that picture of you. You change the I.D and all the photos you saved her are gone. Why did you changed it?!

Uh-oh! Is she mad? And she's teary eyed now.

REGINA: Why did you changed it? It's your baby picture! I don't have a copy of that picture of you.

THANIA: I'll just send you some of my pictures, mom. I'm sorry. I though I would lessen your sadness. I'm sorry, Mom. I'll just s---

She's crying already. What have I done?

REGINA: I don't need a new one! I want that picture of you. Do you have a copy of that?

I don't have.

THANIA: I... I-I d---

REGINA: Get a copy of that!! Don't talk to me unless you have it already.

THANIA: Mom, I'm sorry. I d-don't have a copy of that certain picture of mine. But I can send you another picture when I'm still younger.

REGINA: I said, I want that certain picture of you! You know how much I treasure that picture, right?

I run to my room and get my iPad to search if I still have the copy of the picture. I didn't know that, that will be the impact to Mommy. She really loves that picture of me. That was my wallpaper when I still won the iPad. She never changed everything in there, except for the I.D.

I'm in verge of crying because I can't find a copy on it. I also browse on my phone but still can't find a cope of it. Mommy is mad at me right now. What have I done? I thought it can help her but no, she just got mad. I don't want her to walk on the aisle tomorrow knowing that she's mad at me.

THANIA: M-mom? I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention to made you sad even more. Can we be okay now? I don't want you to walk on the aisle tomorrow knowing that we are not okay, that you're mad at me. I'm so sorry, Mom.