Udan Irupavan

A/N: thank you for being so patient, here you go! read and review!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All five of them turned to look at Kathir, with identical gobsmacked expression on their faces.

Kathir took an involuntarily step backwards, his face mirroring theirs too.

Etha thaapa sollitoma? Yen paei arranja maari pakuranga?

Kavi was the first to shake away the shock. "Ohn kudaiya.." she asked wide-eyed and glanced at Mullai who was transfixed on the spot. If her jaw dropped any lower, she was at a risk of losing one.

Kathir nodded reassuringly at her Kavi, and the other three of their gang moved in front of Mullai, like a curtain. She got roped into the shadows. Noir skies and greyscale clouds conjoined, in hindrance for him to place Mullai's face correctly. He wanted to see her reaction first. Was she this flabbergasted at his suggestion too? Did she think he wasn't trustworthy to accept his offer? He wouldn't blame her if she did think so. They had just properly conversed after years of merely being acquaintances/ relatives.

The funny thing was, he didn't feel like that anymore. God no way was too much in awe of just how comfortable and at home he felt with her in the span of ten minutes worth of conversation. He could help but desperately wish this feeling was mutual.

So to him, this idea was a natural calling. If she was in trouble, of course by all means, would be stand by her until safety is assured. No doubt.

While the righteous part of him claimed his offer to help was for the safety of her, his inner conscious teased him at the thought of being with her for just few more hours.

Her friends are the best, she had thought... until now. As soon as they heard them say the words, that was still ringing in her ears, they had turned to face him almost challenging and unyielding in front of her, like knights to a queen. But she could see him clearly. Well, as clearly as moonlight permitted her to. The determined arch of his eyebrows was nothing but a reflection of his integrity. His look pierced right through her...

"...Illati yen kuda varalam..."

She wanted to push her valiant fighters aside and run to him, in a heartbeat... within a second... without any hesitation.

She inched closer to Kavi, "Eii Nala idea di na poran!" she whispered excitedly. Prakash wanted to laugh at the enthusiasm in her voice, he snorted instead. Kavi kicked Mullai in her chin, "Ahh!" "Konjam atchu pooru di.. vitta odiduva pola?" she whispered viciously at her, Mullai pouted.

"Vera etha idea illa tha nala than...yosichi paru," said Kathir and Mullai fought her way out of the iron curtain aka her 'Pasakara' Friends. "Unga kuda iruka mudiyathu... thani ya vum iruka mudiyathu, inga etha Edathula thangitu morning taxi pudikalam, illa train iruka nu pakalam... artha rathithri la vera options illa.. athan.." he trailed off uncertainly, wondering if this was good enough for them to trust him.

All five still in chorus, blinked back at him...

"Athavuthu... nambika irunthuchuna..." he pulled attention to then elephant in the... well... ground they stood on.

They all simultaneously broke into sheepishly smile at being caught out. Mullai though, he could see her nod her head, disagreeing to his questioning voice. That made his heart and mind ease, painfully. Phew. So she didn't think he was untrustworthy... good, that's a start.  A tiny voice in his head asked him since when had he cared what a girl thought of him, but he pushed that voice into a tiny box and threw it away.

"Mullai, vera vazhli iruntha sollu. Yennaku yosika mudinja varaikum, itha safe nu thonu thu..." she bit her lip in thinking hard, at looked at Bhumi and Jenny, the other two nodded to his words. Kavi still looked troubled, Kathir felt her hesitation. To her, he was a guy they knew years ago offering to keep her friend company for a whole night. Any best friend would be this apprehensive, he actually really respected that.