Vazhvin Neelam Pogalam

A/N: i feel like this chapter has so much dialogues. i hope i did good. enjoy !

_________________________________________________________

"Ipo, na pesalama?" he asked her, with a thick voice. She questioned him with a raise of her eyebrow, apprehensively.

Her heart sank, she didn't know why she was this afraid to hear his side but she was "Nee yenna solla pora nu.." she saw him give her a blank look. That shut her up.

Kathir looked at her with questioning eyes, Why was she this adamant? Did she really think after everything said and one he would break her heart again? She lowered her gaze at his stare.

"Nee yen na etho vibarithama solla porane nenaikura..." he asked, truly bothered. He was starting to feel helpless. What if she doesn't believe if he tells her he loves her?

She resisted the urge to roll her eyes "Pinna enna solla pora Kathir? That you fell in love with me in one night?" she withdrew from his hands and he tasted doom. Why didn't he understand her restlessness? This was not realistic, people don't just fall in love like that..She almost wanted to stomp her foot on to the ground ."Ithu enna cinema va? Enaku intha love at first sight la nambika illa... Nee-"

He silenced her with a look.

He looked around and took a deep breath. This might be a long night. "Ukaru..." he said firmly, holding her by her arm to drag her down with him. She sat back on the chair and he sat on the tea table opposite to her. 

"Yen side kekave kudathu nu oru mudivu la irukatha..." he muttered, settling back. She felt partly guilty, as her gaze fluttered between his shoes and his eyes. She knew she was being difficult and rude but.. "Konjam porumaiya kelu. Na solli mudichathu kaparam sanda potukalam..." he pressed on, trying to wean a smile out of her.

She remained miffed.

He gave a second to take in and understand the weight if everything that just happened. She just told him she loved him, and in that second 'Love' seemed to be too little of word.Everything clicked into itsplace, that night at the hotel how she remembered random things about him , itall made sense. He felt nourished with every word, every emotion she professed. He felt alive... for the second time, in his life. And what he would have given to have hear it ages ago.

"Nee yen en kitta, unnaku enna pudikum nu sollave illa?" he voiced his concern, they wouldn't have come this far... Oh the possibility of being one with her for years now, it had him hungry for it.

She gave a derisive laugh, "Yennku antha feeling enna nu theriyarathuku munnadiye, unna pudichipochu, antha feeling love illa chumma arva kolara la vara crush than nu ennaiye na romba varshama...emthikitan..." she tucked in a piece of hair behind her ears.

Her heart beat raised, thinking about the next set of words she was about to say, but she had to say it. She had to out herself at least today. "Appidiye oru naal vanthu solanum nu than nenchan... ", she said her voice, audibly lower, so low that Kathir had to come forward to hear her. "...But it was too late, unaaku.. Preethi.. na vittutan.. vera enna pana mudiyum." She trailed off, feeling a bitter taste in her mouth. It had been years, she doesn't even remember that girls face. But the heartbreak was still afresh.. funny how emotions work... aren't they?

He gave a rueful sigh "Unnaku arava kolar varambothu ennaku varatha?" he asked her, frankly. Teenage crushes that was the most humane trickery hormones play on us. And he wasn't immune to it. He looked up at her sincere and open, scooting in closer "Mullai, Preethi nu nee anthan per sonnathu kaparam than antha maari oru vishayam nadanthuthu ne ennaku nyabagam varudhu..." she looked up at him, trying to mask her hopefulness "17 vayasula vantha feelings athu, karnam kariyam illama... athu school odave maranthu potchu, Mullai."