Words of Silence

A/N: please don't expect too much for this chapter. i promise the next is better. 

__________________________________________________________________

Tension mounted as the supposed 'in laws' started to whisper into each other ear about the prospective groom and bride. Mugurgan made Kathir sit adjacent to the actual groom. Kathir didn't even want to spare him a look, but curiosity got better of him.

He gave a look towards the guy dressed in all white. He looked pretty burly, well shaved and sporting a clean groomed moustache. He sported a blingy gold watch that was the size of a palm on his right hand, and a thick gold band of bracelet on his left . Gold chain on his neck flashing to blind people.

Kathir couldn't help but roll his eyes at him. Even if Mullai didn't love him now, she for sure cannot be marrying this, flashy, pompous man. He, as a friend, wouldn't allow it, he said to himself. 

"Mullai ulla vaa... " her mom called her in, she quietly stood up and followed her mother. His eyes followed her until she was out of sight. Why did she agree to this?

He had come here blindly, not knowing what exactly to say to her but in efforts to hold on to her. To remind her that one night was not the end of their bond; that he didn't want to go back to square one . But this... the situation had turned so grave that he had a sudden enlightenment as she had fixed her gaze on his...

His insides burnt as thought he was hit by a lightning rod with the every nuances of her iris on him. She had brought life into his dreary existence in swift smile.. he didn't realise all this euphoric palpation would be so, painfully short lived. His gaze fell into his palms eyes tracing the broken, intercepted, calloused line on his palms, his mind only held her smile and his hearts' instanT at ease . All he could think was that if him being here had any meaning to it, it was so that he could realise just how much that one night gave him a taste of a life he never knew he would crave for...

A journey that under no circumstance would stop, for anyone or anything.

Not just one night with her. He wanted nights, day breaks, twilight and every living second under her eyes; to exist and cease with her every breath. Crushed within her embrace...

He wanted a lifetime with her, just to see if that would be enough to quench his thirst for her mere presence.

He chest clenched, he took in breath.

*

"Itha eduthutu poi ellarukum kudu.." said Parvathy, placing a tray on her hand with five cups of coffee. Mullai's heart sank.

"Amma, nee kuden.." she pleaded like a little child, that Parvathy, looked at her,  baffled.

"Ama di enna than ponnuku paka vanhtu irukanga paaru.." snickered Parvathy, 

"Ithu kudatha than theriyuma, yaaru ponnu nu," Mullai sniffled, "Venna yen kaluthula oru board matikata? 'Manmagal' nu.."

"Mullai! Sonnatha sai, anga poi intha marri athinga presengi thanam pannatha.. appo appo atchu ponnu maari nadanthuko Mullai, innum china kozhandai illa nee..." Her mother fretted Mullai rolled her eyes 

"Po.." her mother pushed her into the hallway, while Mullai had an out of body experience. She hadn't even spared the groom a glance and she didn't even care too. All she could think was that just two seats away from the proposed guy she was supposed to spend her life with, was the guy...she loves.

She couldn't lie to herself anymore. No matter how much her ego spiked up before him, wanting to pretend that she didn't ... love him. She was. She was irrevocably, in love with him. It was imperishable. She knew it the minute she laid eyes on him... Be it to today, last night and six years ago... The feeling of affection and love that rose for him hit every juncture of her being, making it painstakingly aware of her wretched situation.