Kanda Naal Mudhalai

A/N: I hope i made up for the last chapter in this one! happy reading!

_________________________________________________________

Oh...", he breathed, brows touching his hairline. "Ennaku yenna..." he repeated her words and she couldn't help but look away from the intensity of his cold stare...

Silence engulfed them again as the two souls hailed in agony...

The clocked ticked by and both of them fell into a impassive grind. Her temper was simmering, while his was raising. He couldn't believe that she had the heart to utter those words. What did she mean? Who was he to question? To bother with her life? In dire need to hear heartening words, he tried again...

"Hmm, correct than.. ennaku yenna...", he said, but this time his voice, it didn't tremble like before. He sounded like he accepted her charge at him, and she found that disarming. 

She looked up to meet his eyes, and saw the question in his head. she knew what it was before he even voiced it "Preethi yaar ku pudichi irunthuchuna unnaku enna..." he put forth reasoning, her eyes never left his... the question was something that would have sent her running for the hills.. All said and done, she had confessed at the last minute, thinking nothing would come alive of it. she didn't think, he would come back.. she had hoped, but her heart kept chanting 'Come on, don't kid youself, when has anything you ever wanted happened.. This wouldn't too. If he didn't see you in all these years, he won't suddenly fall in love with you in just a night...'

And that's the second she realised what a huge coward she was.. is... she had spent her school years, loving from afar. She whiled away the gift of cosmos aka one whole night with the love of her life, making sure she only confessed in the last possible minute so that she wouldn't have to face rejection.

And now, she couldn't admit anything to him. she wasn't scared, she was petrified, to have him come in front of her, flesh and blood and dissect her feelings on him. Rejection seemed inevitable. She just wanted a humane burial for her feelings. And him, showing up just to tear up her very tiny beautiful forte of sweet memories of her first love was not at all the ending she imagined.

Her silence spoke volumes, but Kathir needed something more, something a bit more opaque. Her wet mascara, spiked over her lid bone like as sharp as swords. A hot minute passed and she stayed tight lipped, fighting a war with herself, sending innumerable silent prayers to not let her heart shatter...

He broke the silence, yet again..

"School la love panna payana..." His voice wavered, he looked away to the kaada that fell down to his wrist, he traced it slowly. The cold metal startled him, as if to ask if he really was going to risk it all. "Nee... innume love pandriya..."

She sat there froze to stone. In a second, all her pretence to be bold and unbreakable crumbled within probe. The tears she breathed back into her lungs, spilled uncontrollably. Her quite sniffles turned into, sobs and he felt defeated, at no cost did he want his answer by hurting her... he would rather have none of wishes come true, if it stopped her tears...

"Mullai..." his breath hitched, he stepped forward, hands outstretched to her.

And she shrunk away from him... The night went quieter, He felt as though he was being choked, by that wordlessly gesture...

"Kathir, please...." She cried softly, bending her head, her pink leggings dampening with her tears. Her heart felt to heavy she could barely speak up. "Itha ketu innum kashta paduthatha... unnaku illama irukalam, but enna poruthavaraikum, athuthan ennaku therinja romba punithamanathu..." she sniffled, wiping her tears. He had stood froze the second she drew back from him and couldn't find his footing since.