Kaleidoscope

A/N: woooaw. how long has it been really? hehe so sorry but I am back now! i hope you really do enjoy this chapter. 

_______________________________________________________________________

"Nee padu.. Enkaga.." he murmured , his voice delectably gruff, she squeezed her eyes shut and buried her face into the crook of his neck and a small smile grazed the threads of the fabric..

"Naer virupam?" she asked softly, he chuckled, that he wasn't expecting, she had already rendered him speechless by tugging a little, at his vest. His brain wasn't working to form any choherant words, let along chose a song. 

"Ethum yosika mudiyala... Neeye etha paadu..." he whispered placing his forehead on to her shoulder blade, in exasperation of his own internal turmoils. What was this sudden pull towards her. Why was he acting so out of character? To be in the arms of a girl within a day of meeting her, albeit a girl he had seen grow up, but still! This wasn't him...

The worst part was that he couldn't control himself, he almost hated the idea of willing, part from her embrace so he waited for her to do it. 

But she didn't. 

Oh! 

She did the opposite of that. Her hands drew up to his encircle neck, she placed her chin onto his shoulder while he bent low to meet hers. It took a minute for her to rack her brain for a song, which was pretty difficult seeing as she wouldn't really be able to recollect her own name if you asked her now. The room seemed to be fogged with a dense emotion, something inexplicable, something alluring....

Something magical...

 "Hmm.." He sighed against her collar bone, and she felt each movement of his body against her. the raise of his abdomen against her, the rash exhale of his breath... She felt everything, as thought the time had slowed down just for her to relish that moment, in his arms. 

Closing her eyes, unable to contain that smile tugging at her lips she arch her neck up to his ear....

Amarndhu pesum marangalin nizhalum
Namadhu kadhaiyai kaalamum sollum
Udhirndhu pona malarin vaasamaa.

His grip on her upper back tightened, so did hers on his neck, reaching to feather down his nape...

Thoodhu pesum kolusin oliyai
Araigal muzhudhum aandugal sollum
Udaindhu pona valaiyalin vannamaa.

Heat mingled in their every breath, as they synced in unison.... Kathir felt that this, embrace was way more intimate than any form of love making for that second, his hands lowered to hold her waist gently...

Ullangaiyial veppam serkkum
Viralgal undhan kaiyil
Tholil saaindhu kadhaigal pesa
Namadhu vidhiyil illai
Mudhal kanavu podhume kaadhalaa
Kangal thirandhidu....

She paused... Her voice was a thousand times better than memory... the pain,  the earning , that this song demanded. She had that. Was this the effects of her former lover/crush?  Was her love for him that strong that years after school and college, she could recollect the sweet suffering of love in a moments notice? 

'Kadhalaa...' the way her voiced savoured each syllable of that word, like it was honey. It made his chest clench in painfully, in fear.  Was she still in love with him? Why did he care if she was?

Ninaithu ninaithu paarthaal
Nerungi arugil varuven
Unnaal dhaane naane vaazhgiren oh.
Unnil indru ennai paarkkiren...