Chapter 43: Can you still get into contact with Young Justice?

Catalina Kyle

"This isn't working." We all stared at the three sisters. It had been Hoshi, the tan skinned woman who said the statement. Selina's eyes narrowed.

    "What do you mean this isn't working?" Nikkō, the pale skinned woman responded.

    "We've done everything we could think of to help Catalina, short of taking a spoon to her brain and stirring things around." I shuddered. I was pretty sure that they were joking but the covered in ants feeling never went away when I was around these three. Dick frowned.

    "So... are you saying that she's never going to get her memories back?" I looked down at the hardwood floor. As much as Selina and Dick probably didn't want to know this, I almost didn't mind if I didn't get my memories back. As long as the nightmares went away, I would be fine with starting over. Gekkō shook her head.

    "No. We are just saying that we can not help her. But we have someone whom we believe might be of better help. We just ask for your permission to contact her." I closed my eyes and waited for Selina's answer.

    "Fine. But she better be able to do something." I looked back up as Nikkō tossed a gold coin into the rainbow that was above a small fountain in front of her.

"Oh Iris, goddess of the rainbow, please accept my offering."  Instead of falling through the fountain, the gold coin vanished into the rainbow. I looked over at Dick and raised my eyebrows. He looked just as shocked as I did. "Show me Elle Chester." Nothing happened for a second then a wavering image of a teenage girl with long black hair and blue-grey eyes appeared in the mist from the fountain. She blinked at the scene then bowed her head slightly.

"Ah, the three sisters. To what do I owe the pleasure?" Nikkō answered.

"We are calling you to help us with Catalina Kyle. We have exhausted every option we have. We are hoping that your wider range of magic or knowledge from your mother would be of more use." Elle Chester nodded and looked at me. She looked just like a normal teenager, hell she looked like she'd answered this message from inside a dorm room.

"I'm assuming that you are Catalina?" I nodded. She narrowed her grey-blue eyes as they scanned the other three people in the room. "Who are you parents, if I may ask. I'm assuming that the woman is your mother." I nodded.

"Yes. Or that's what I've been told at least." Elle looked at Selina.

"Who's her dad, if you don't mind." Selina glanced at Bruce before answering.

"He's not here. I'm pretty sure he's long gone and doesn't know he has a daughter." Elle nodded solemnly and looked at Bruce as well.

"Because you only wanted to screw around with a goddess one time right?" We all looked at Bruce and his dark eyes narrowed.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Elle waved a hand dismissively.

"Nothing. Your daughter says hi." Elle refocused her gaze on me. "Now tell me what your problem seems to be?" Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Bruce's jaw clench, Selina and Dick look at Bruce, one with anger and the other with confusion. I shrugged.

"From what I've been told, I was a thief until I started investigating some woman. I got branded by her and got into a fight with her and lost all my memories. Like all of them from before waking up in the hospital." Elle was silent while she thought over my answer.

"I have some ideas of how to help. If I don't, my sister will." She was quiet again before looking at me. "The person who branded you, does she have a name?" I nodded but Dick answered for me.

"Yeah. She calls herself the Music Maker." All of the color from Elle's face vanished.

"The Music Maker?" Dick and I exchanged glances and nodded. Elle shook her head. "That changes things. I won't be able to come help you now."

"What? Why not?" Selina snapped. Elle looked really shaken.

"Lets just say that I've had a run in with the Music Maker before. It didn't end well and I got melded one being with two other girls. I stayed that way until my sister was able to split us after about three years." My eyebrows shot up and everyone was quiet for a minute. Finally Dick spoke.

"Well what should we do if you won't come help us?" Elle eyed him carefully.

"Can you still get into contact with Young Justice?"

//Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long! School and my family have been absolutely crazy but I'm going to try and continue to do weekly updates. This chapter has a cameo by my very first OC, Elle Chester. She also appears in my fandom Academy story so check that out if you liked her. Are you guys excited for the next chapter? Let me know what you guys thinks going to happen!!

Much love,

Elle//