10 | 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣

☠︎︎

Starley's POV 

/ edited /

"Ow." I whispered softly with a wince escaping my quivering lips, feeling the wound on my cheek sting even more because I touched it with my finger to examine it, immediately regretting my decision before retracting my hand to the counter, and sulked.

Even after trying to bandage the wound, I couldn't do it. You can literally see my bare tissue from afar, holy crap.

Right now, I was trying to redress my cheek wound because of Matilda's slap yesterday. It was early in the morning and it was almost clotted shut, thankfully.

Just stop bleeding already stupid cheek.

And not to mention, I threw up 3 times when I woke up.

Man my plans never work.

I just wanted to relax man.

And I couldn't even do the fucking spa day because I was so busy crying my lungs out. I JUST WANTED A DAMN SPA DAY! I CAN'T EVEN HAVE THE MERCY TO DO THAT?!

After getting enlightened from Matilda's words yesterday, a wave of unhappy and disturbing recollections greeted my mind. It just reminded me about the horrid past which I've been attempting to forget, but it seemed like it never left me. I knew I wasn't exactly wanted in this world, no one wanted me to exist.

I was tormented by the treatment I would receive over the years, to the point where I almost just gave up completely. Not once, but twice. But every occurrence of when life seemed to almost end for me, it was Belle who saved me.

Which is why I always preach about the fact that if she was not in my life, I wouldn't be alive right now.

She shouldn't have, I swear she shouldn't have done that all those years back. I swear she made a big mistake by not letting me just end it.

I already know how much of a disgusting human I was, no one wanted me. My birth parents left me at the orphanage, the orphanage threw me in the gutter.

I was circulated in 3 houses for foster ever since I was young, and all of the people and my supposed parents hated me.

I was beaten everyday after school to act like a stress ball to be used for letting anger out, and I couldn't tell this to anyone. There was no point on telling anyone. Who cares? And now, people are getting bullied because of me, I messed up Matilda's and Hunter's relationship for some reason.

I was like a punching bag! You're angry? Here! Punch me all you want for free! It's not like I'm going to get hurt or something. I'll still be alive right? Unfortunately.

Normally I would be the girl who wouldn't give a damn about what people said, and would just mind her business and give into her own world of imagination, combined with some stupid humour and a forgiving nature, but it was all a facade. The broken me was suppressed for so long, and now it felt like she was coming back.

Of course she was coming back, look at me now. I'm bringing myself down when I shouldn't be, and my depression phase is coming back to me all over again, and I am not doing a shit about it.

I was so tired of being a disappointment to people, I even tried to impress my foster parents by bringing them good grades, that didn't work at all.

I tried to help Matilda get many friends in middle school, that backfired.

I tried to make him realise he's not a monster, I tried so fucking hard to understand his cold nature and intimidating mind, and what does he do? Fucking guess.