38 | 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨

☠︎︎

Starley's POV

/ edited /

"So basically, you escape Carter like some superhero, and end up in the territory of the Tiger Eyes, and it turns out that you are Stark's daughter, Carter's dad killed your mom, and Carter himself killed my dad, and my dad knew you since you were born?" Davien asked in surprise all in one breath, honestly impressing me as he looked like a lost puppy.

We were seated in his car, and again, it was sealed shut with the walls like the first time I came to his mansion on that day in college, so privacy at it's finest.

"Apparently so," I giggled while rubbing his arm tenderly and sighing.

He didn't say anything for a few seconds, taking in everything I was saying in his mind carefully, as I took this opportunity to continue.

"I was named Starley by my foster parents because of having my Dad's half name on the note in my basket, it was raining so it washed off. There was 'Star' written on it. Since then, they haven't been doing any action in the criminal world." I finished with a sigh at the end of the drama.

"But then if you were safe for the past 4 months, why didn't you contact me?" He asked in a broken voice.

Don't cry again please baby.

"Dad wanted to train me, teach me how to fight, and Owen wasn't ready to let me go. They both became very protective after what had happened 20 years ago, and they wanted to get to know me better.."

"But a phone call would've been fine princess." He grumbled.

"It wouldn't. Carter's men surrounded the territory, and each phone call would be tracked. It was not safe for me, and they became even more protective after finding out that I was pregnant. If Carter found out that I was alive, he would declare war on the Tiger Eyes. I couldn't let that happen. And I know what you are like, you would've gone all caveman on me." I shrugged.

He then stayed quiet, looking outside the window, before grabbing my hand in his, squeezing it tightly with a small smile on his face.

"That's also true...I guess. At least you're safe now, and back here with me," He whispered, making a smile grow onto my face immediately, while I engulfed his one large hand into both of mine.

"But right this moment, I'm scared as shit. I'm not mentally ready to meet them yet." He panicked worriedly.

"Davy, relax." I groaned, while seeing him shiver in the car while we were on our way back home.

Home, yayyy.

"I can't relax." He deadpanned seriously.

"They are babies." I groaned again.

"First impression makes everything." He sighed like it was actually going to matter.

"First ducking impre—are you serious!? Jesus Christ Davien." I chuckled, while rubbing his arms to comfort him.

"What? You can't blame me for being nervous." He grumbled while I laughed.

"I'm sure they'll be very happy to finally meet their daddy." I whispered, as his eyes matched with mine and he looked...conflicted.

"What's wrong?" I asked, while leaving my head on his shoulder.

"It hasn't been exactly nine months since you were..you know..pregnant. How did they..."