Chapter Fourteen: It's Time To Go

The day for the trip to begin had finally arrived. The details had all been nailed down as well, with it being decided that the trip would last for five days and the girls would get to stay in a cabin near a camping ground outside of Iwanai thanks to the connections of Chiyo's sister. The ride situation had been figured out as well, with the aforementioned sister driving one car and Mayu's mother driving the other.

Starting out, Chiyo grabbed her things and packed them inside her sister's car, which was now cleaned out. Once all of her stuff was loaded in, the two drove over to Jasmine's house. Getting out of the vehicle, Chiyo hurried to the front door and knocked. "Jas-chin! You ready?" she called, but there was no response. "She better not still be sleeping," Chiyo said to herself. It was currently eight in the morning, and with it still being summer break, it was highly likely that that was exactly what Jasmine was doing. With another knock and still getting silence in return, Chiyo tried calling her fellow gal.

At nearly the end of the ringing, someone finally answered. "...what?" the groggy voice said. "Jas-chin? Come on, hurry up and get out here!" Chiyo told her. "Huh? Why?" Jasmine replied. "It's time to go camping! Let's go, let's go, let's gooooo!" Chiyo yelled into the phone. "Ah, geez... why're you so loud this early?" Jasmine groaned. "Just let me sleep for five more minutes..." "Jas-chiiiiin! We have to get the others!" Chiyo shouted. "Ugh... Fine..." Jasmine said as a sound of ruffling came through the phone. "I'm out of bed." she said grumpily. "Great! Now get out here!" Chiyo commanded.

To her surprise, a few seconds later Jasmine opened the door. She was... certainly not decent. "Jas-chin!" Chiyo exclaimed. "Put some clothes on!" Jasmine looked herself up and down as she stood in the doorway wearing nothing but pink lace underwear that matched the color of her hair. "Huh? Oh, right," she said, still half-asleep. "Geez girl, I swear, you're a mess when you're not fully awake!" Chiyo said as she pushed Jasmine back inside.

About 10 minutes later, the two gals reemerged from the house, this time with Jasmine fully clothed. She was also carrying several bags that seemed to be packed to the brim with her belongings. "Jas-chin, do you really need all of this? I mean, we're only like, gonna be gone for five days," Chiyo commented. Jasmine shrugged. "It's not like I go camping often. Who knows what I'll need." "Yeah, but... I don't think you'll need... what is this thing anyways?" Chiyo asked as she pulled something out that was sticking out of a bag. "Um, that's a... I don't remember actually," Jasmine said blankly. "Then why are you bringing it?!" Chiyo asked, baffled. "Maybe it'll come in handy," Jasmine said.

The item in question could best be described as a type of water purifier machine that people used to filter water found out in the wilderness. The problem was that the description of such a machine didn't match with what Chiyo was holding. For one, there was no spot to actually put in a container to hold any water. Not only that, but the item itself didn't even seem to have a spot to pouring anything into it either. After staring at it for a moment, Chiyo turned around and put the mystery item back inside. "Hey, I was gonna bring that," Jasmine said without much emotion. "Nuh-uh," Chiyo refused. "You don't even know what it does. Where'd you get something like that anyways?" "Umm, a boyfriend maybe?" Jasmine answered uncertainly. Chiyo sighed. "Well, whatever. Let's get going."

Once Jasmine's stuff was in the car, the group began to head to their next destination. The plan of travel was for Chiyo to pick up Jasmine, and Haruna and Kanako to ride together, with Michi getting her own ride and Itsuki already spending the night at Mayu's house, which had been determined to be the meet-up spot. From there, the two-car caravan would head to the campground. With the two gals packed and ready to go, they made their way to Mayu's house to meet everyone else.