Chapter Twenty-Three: Looking Back

The next morning, Chitose Wakabayashi arrived bright and early. "I wonder if they're ready yet," she said to herself as she got out of the car. Following close behind her was Ai Kawaguchi. "I hope they've enjoyed themselves" she said. The two women then walked up to the cabin and headed inside.

"Heeey, they did a real good job cleanin' this place," Chitose whistled. "I'm sure they were quite shocked to learn that they would all have to clean in the first place," Ai half-said, half-sighed. "Ah, who cares? It's good for them!" Chitose said, planting her fists on her hips. "But... it's pretty quiet, ain't it?" "Yes, I would agree." "Don't tell me they're still sleepin'?" Chitose said as she went toward the stairs. "Hey Chiyooo! You up?!" Naturally, there was no response, as it was only 7:00 a.m. "C'mon, didn't I tell her that I'd come to get 'em early?"

Arriving at the top of the stairs, Chitose began to go down the line of room. After a couple tries, she landed on the one she was looking for. "There ya are. C'mon already," she said to a still fast asleep Chiyo. "Mnmmannn..." Chiyo let out as she rolled over. "...Seriously girl?" Chitose said, staring at her little sister in a disappointing fashion. "Alright, that's enough of that. Rise and shine sunshine!" Chitose proclaimed as she tore the sheet off of Chiyo. "Kyaaa! Whuh?! Huh? What's going on?" Chiyo said as she sat up in a panic. "It's time to go lil' sis, so get a move on. And put some clothes on while you're at it," Chitose said. Currently Chiyo was clad in nothing but a red lace bra and panties. "Clothes? Oh, right. It was just so hot last night that I needed to sleep like this. It was so much cooler this way!" Chiyo said happily. "Geez, where did I go wrong in raising you?" Chitose sighed. "I don't need the whole run-down, just hurry up."

With all of the noise, Kanako woke up as well. "Mnnn... Morning Chiyo..." she said as she rubbed her eyes. "Gooood morning Kana-chan!" Chiyo said as she glomped onto Kanako. "Mn? ...C-Chiyo! H-Hey, w-w-why aren't you wearing anything?!" Kanako panicked. "Hm? But I am? Don't you think it's cute?" Chiyo said playfully. "T-That's not the issue!" Kanako said. "Oh?" Chiyo said, turning to whisper into Kanako's ear. "Could it be because I've got two things Haru-chi doesn't?" "Huh? Why'd you mention Haruna?" Kanako asked, confused. "Wow, what a stone-cold sober reaction," Chiyo said flatly. "Well whatever. You'll understand one day." Then mid-shrug, Chiyo got hit on the head with a pillow.

"Oof! What the-?" "Let's go girl!" Chitose said impatiently. "Geez, what's got you so worked up?" Chiyo said as she rubbed her head. "I've got class in a few hours, so I don't have time to screw around," Chitose explained. "Class? Isn't your school like, nowhere near here?" Chiyo asked. "Which is whyyy I'm in a hurry!" Chitose said forcefully. "Okay, okay, we're movin', we're movin'," Chiyo said as she slowly got up.

Meanwhile, Ai was working on waking up her daughter. "It's morning my dear. It's time to wake up," she said gently as she gave Mayu a little nudge. It wasn't much, but that was all it took to get her to open her eyes. "Oh, hello mother," Mayu said sleepily. "...Mother?!" "Yes dear. I arrived at the time I was told to by Wakabayashi-san." "Oh! Oh no! I'm so sorry mother! I'll get my things together right away!" Mayu said as she began to move in a flurry. Ai laughed. "There's no need to be in such a rush."

Mayu went over to Michi and reached out her hand. She was a little hesitant to try to wake Michi up considering how bad of a mood she had been in, but Mayu knew they also needed to get ready to leave. So, taking a deep breath, Mayu did her best to rise Michi from her slumber.

"Mi-chan, it's morning. Come on, you have to get up," Mayu said. Michi opened her eyes. "Just let me sleep for five more minutes," she said, then rolled over. "N-No Mi-chan! We need to leave now!" Mayu said. "Whatever. Just leave without me. I'll get another ride," Michi mumbled. "Oi, what's taking so long in here? Everyone else is already up and at 'em!" Chitose called as she walked into the room. "What? That girl's still in bed?" she muttered.