Chapter Seventeen: Lie To Yourself, Desperate One

It was now day three of the camping trip and the day had been relatively uneventful. The girls had all had breakfast together but then split off to do their own things. Itsuki had found a hiking trail and had convinced Mayu to go check it out with her. Haruna and Jasmine had both decided to stay indoors for the day, complaining it was too humid. So, that left Chiyo, Michi and Kanako without plans. Not wanting to be stuck inside with people that annoyed her, Michi had decided to go outside.

"What am I even doing out here?" she said aloud with a sigh. "It's not like I can find something to do..." Thinking about it, she hadn't come outside just to get away from Haruna and Jasmine. Michi was also still feeling awkward around Kanako. "We've been on this trip together, and yet I haven't even gotten the chance to really talk to her," Michi thought. The group had been spending most of their time as one, so there hadn't been any time to have individual conversations. However, it's not like there had been zero chances. "I guess I could've tried pulling Kana-chan aside after dinner or before bed or something," Michi thought reluctantly. She wanted to make up with Kanako, but there was still a part of her that felt justified in what she had said that night at Mayu's house. "All I did was answer her question," Michi told herself. "Kana-chan was the one that had to make it about that stupid Endo-san."

It was then that Michi began wondering once again what it was exactly about Haruna that Kanako liked. "All she is is a brute. She's mean, aggressive and is just all-around bad. How can Kana-chan want to be friends with someone like her?" Michi stared into the water of the creek. "And she was going on about changing... everything was perfectly fine the way it was. So why'd she have to go and make up with that jerk?"

"...Nothing should've changed. It should've stayed exactly how it was."

Looking at her own reflection, Michi could see she was scowling. It was an expression that she found she had been seeing more often any time she looked into a mirror. But, as she stared at herself, Michi's expression softened slightly. "Maybe I should talk to Kana-chan regardless of how I feel. Besides, I'm never going to be able to pull her away from Endo-san if there's this distance between us."

Making up her mind, Michi was about to look for Kanako when she saw a figure coming toward her. "Miii-chaaaan!" "Ugh..." she let out. "What does that bimbo want now?" Getting closer, Michi could see Chiyo's figure in full. The gal was wearing hardly any clothes at all, at least in Michi's eyes. The outfit in question was simply a neon red half shirt coming down just far enough to cover Chiyo's breasts, and a pair of tattered jean shorts that were barely long enough to reach the top of her thighs.

"Heya Mi-chan! What-cha doi- agooh!" Chiyo had begun speaking as soon as she had gotten close enough, but in the process of also trying to latch onto Michi, she had been met with a hand to her face, holding the gal a short distance away. "I've told you over and over again not to get near me! Honestly, this is bad enough with me having to even touch you! I'm sure you'll give me some sort of disease. And what's with those clothes, if you can even call them that! They don't cover a thing! You're completely shameless!"

Chiyo laughed in response. "So you are looking at me?" she teased. Michi let go of Chiyo. "N-No, of course not! It's just impossible to avoid seeing a girl wearing something so skimpy when they're charging right at you!" "It's okay Mi-chan. You don't have to get so defensive," Chiyo kept teasing. "I'm not defensive!" Michi yelled back. "Hey, how 'bout I have you try on a couple outfits I brought? Then you can look like this too! We'll even match!" Chiyo squealed. "Like hell I want to do that! I'm perfectly happy with my own look thank you!" Michi huffed.

Chiyo stared. "Hey, Mi-chan." "What?!" Michi shouted. "Did something happen? This whole trip, you've seemed... I don't know, like, more angry or something. It's like you're not having any fun at all," Chiyo said, concerned. "Of course I'm not having fun! I got dragged out into the woods in the middle of nowhere by you! On top of that, I'm stuck out here with another sex-crazed bimbo and an absolute jerk of a girl! And, worst of all, I can't even talk to Kana-chan normally because of some stupid argument!" At that last sentence, Michi slapped her hand over her mouth before glaring at Chiyo. "You didn't hear that," she muttered.