four

(Y/N) POV

I had not expected to be cramped up on a little staircase with Newt and bakery guy, an occamy egg hatching in Newt's hand whilst his wand was stuck between his teeth. However, here I was.

Walking down from the stairs, Newt placed his case down and was putting the newly hatched occamy in when I noticed the niffler's back feet hanging out of the safe door.

"No. Everyone settle down. Stay. Dougal, dont make me come in there. Dont make me come down there." Newt was calming the creatures who are slightly riled up due to the whole ordeal.

"Uh, Newt?" I tapped his shoulder and the gestured to the niffler's behind wiggling its way into shiny heaven.

"Absolutely not," Newt stood up quickly, aiming his wand at the lock on the safe door. "Alohomora." The handle starts turning.

"Oh, so you're going to steal the money, huh?" A man hurries his way down the staircase towards us.

"Petrificus Totalus," I chant, wand in hand.

"Mr Bingley!" Bakery man calls out in shock.

"Kowalski!" The slight mumble through Bingley's partially opened mouth was difficult to hear but there nonetheless.

"Really?" My head snaps back to see Newt looking at the niffler with a look of bewilderment on his face. The niffler took no mind, attempting to shove yet another gold bar into what could seem to be a never ending pouch. "No," Newt reached out and grabbed the niffler tipping him upside down, making all things shiny fall from his pouch. "Look at that," he smiled, tickling the niffler's stomach. "Look," the grin on his face transferring to mine as I watched from outside the safe.

"Oh no, no, no, no. Don't shoot, don't shoot!" Kowalski panics as men with guns run down the stairs. Newt grabs onto my arm and I grab onto Kowalski's as we disapparate to a nearby alley way area beside the bank.

"For the last time, you pilfering pest..." Newt places the niffler back into the case. "Paws off what doesn't belong to you."

"We're terribly sorry about all that," I lightly smile at the Kowalski man.

"What the hell was that?" He asked, panting slightly.

"Nothing that need concern you," Newt stands from crouching on the ground. "Now unfortunately you have seen far too much, so if you wouldn't mind..." He grabs onto the baker and stands him up straight. "This will be over in a jiffy," Newt steps back and prepares his wand to obliviate the muggle man.

"Sure, yeah..." The man swings his own case across Newt's head causing him to tumble to the ground. "Sorry!" Kowalski calls out, already half way down the alley.

"Newt!" I rush to his side helping him up. "Are you ok?" I ask, a hand going to move his hair out the way to make sure there was no major damage to his head.

"Yes, I'm fine," He grabs my hand from his head bringing it down to his side to hold. "Bugger," he sighs. Grabbing his case with the hand that wasn't holding mine, we walked from around the corner. Not giving me enough time to process what is happening, trying to calm my flustered self as Newt's large hand engulfs mine. I feel the well known twisting as we were tugged into a forced dispparation.

"Who are you?" I recognised the ladies face from earlier when Newt had bumped into her.

"I'm sorry?" Newt asked hunched over from the sudden apparation, hands still occupied, one holding mine, the other holding his case.

"Who are the both of you?" She asked sternly.

"(Y/N) (L/N)," I answered breathing slightly heavier than normal.

"Newt Scamander and you are?" Newt had replied also panting lightly.

"What is that thing in your case?" She questioned.

"That's our niffler." Newt awkwardly smiled. I assume he was trying to lighten the atmosphere.

"Uh, you've got something-" I gestured to her top lip, where she appeared to have mustard smudged. Speaking of, I am quite hungry.

"Why in the name of deliverance dane did you let that thing loose?" She shooed away my pointing finger.

"We didn't mean to, he's incorrigible, you see, anything shiny, he's all over the place." Newt explained.

"You didn't mean to?" She exclaimed her question.

"No," Newt looked up at her for a split second.

"You could not have chosen a worse time to let that creature loose!" She complained. "We're in the middle of a situation here!" Waving her hand all around as she spoke. "I'm taking the both of you in."

"Taking us where?" Newt asked.

"Magical Congress of the United States of America." I was able to catch her name as she showed her ID, Tina Goldstein.

"So, you work for MACUSA?" I narrowed my eyes towards her?

"What are you, some kind of investigator?" Newt stood up properly, as properly as his posture allows him. The slight hunch of the shoulders.

"Can you please tell me that you took care of the no-maj?" She asked exasperated.

"The what?" Newt's face just as confused as my own.

"The no-maj! No-magic, the non-wizard!" Tina exclaims

"Oh, sorry, we call them Muggles." Newt gestured to me and himself.

"You wiped his memory right? The no-maj with the case."

"Uhm..." I started as Newt simply looked down at the ground, mouth slightly agape.

"That's a section 3A, Mr Scamander, Miss (L/N)." Tina stepped back, a disappointed look lay on her face. One of those a mother would give their child after finding out they snuck out of potions class because they were hungry. "I'm taking you both in."