ten

THIRD PERSON POV

"Our American friends have permitted a breach of the Statute of Secrecy, that threatens to expose us all."

"I will not be lectured by the man who let Gellert Grindelwald slip through his fingers." Picquery is quick to fire back.

"Madam President, I'm so sorry to interrupt, but this is critical." Tina's sentence slows as she notices the full room she had walked in on. All the ministers, all the presidents, the heads of magic from many different countries.

"You'd better have an excellent excuse for this intrusion, Miss Goldstein." Madam Picquery's eyes are quick to glare firmly at Tina.

"Yes, I do." Tina stares forward. "Ma'am. Yesterday a wizard entered New York with a case. This case full of magical creatures, and unfortunately, some have escaped."

"He arrived yesterday?" The look on president Picquery's face could kill if possible. "You have known for twenty-four hours that an unregistered wizard set magical beasts loose in New York and you see fit to tell us only when a man has been killed?"

"Who has been killed?" Tina's face shocked and upset.

"Where is this man?" Picquery queries. Tina walks forward placing the case she had taken from the frozen lake flat on the ground. Flicking open the latches and knocking on the top. Newt is the first to climb from the case. He was shocked at what he saw, not the underneath of a stone bridge, but a room full of leaders.

"Newt?" (Y/N) begins to climb up to see what the commotion is all about. "Is something wrong?" The end of the sentence almost inaudible as she had trailed off at the intimidating sight. Newt instantly grabbing her hand and pulling her somewhat behind him, an instinct you could call it. Jacob followed closely behind.

"Scamander?" A British man was quite intrigued at the sight of Newton Scamander in New York.

"Hello, Minister." Newt greets.

"Theseus Scamander? The war hero?" Another man asks.

"No, this is his little brother." He squints an eye. "And what are you doing in New York?"

"I came to buy an appaloosa puffskein, sir." Newt lied.

"Right. What are you really doing here?"

"Goldstein, and who are the others?" Picquery questions.

"This is Miss. (L/N), a witch, travelling with Mr. Scamander." Tina gestures towards her. "And this is Jacob Kowalski, Madam President, he's a No-Maj who got bitten by one of Mr. Scamander's creatures."

The words no and maj created an uproar within the room. "No-maj! Obliviated?"

"Merlin's beard," Newt brings a finger to his lip as he studies the scene above them. Shaw float as a cloud of smoke, his dead body screamed of a magic cause.

"You know which of your creatures was responsible, Mr. Scamander?" A lady in the front row asks.

"No creature did this. Don't pretend!" Newt's face showed that of someone who had laid their eyes on a true horror. "You must know what that was, look at the marks..." He trails off, (Y/N) squeezing his hand for reassurance. "That was an Obscurus."

"You go too far, Mr. Scamander." Picquery refuses to believe what is so clearly the truth. "There is no obscurial in America. Impound that case, Graves."

"Wait. No. Give that back." Newt attempts to pull out his wand, but is too slow as they are all hauled into the air and placed on their knees, hands behind backs, stripped of their wands. "Don't hurt those creatures," Newt pleads. "Please, you don't understand, nothing in there is dangerous, nothing!"

"We'll be the judges of that!" Picquery glares. "Take them to the cells!"

"Don't hurt those creatures, nothing in there is dangerous!" Newt shouts out, begging. "Please, don't hurt my creatures! They aren't dangerous! Please, they are not dangerous! They are not dangerous!"