five

(Y/N) POV

"Come on," Tina was dragging both Newt and I by the arm.

"Uh... sorry, but we do have things to do, actually." Newt attempts to pull out of Tina's grip, but she proves to be quite strong.

"Well, you'll have to rearrange them!" She yanks harder on both our arms dragging us to a revolving door. "What are you both doing in New York anyway?"

"We came to buy a birthday present," I state, fed up with being dragged.

"Couldn't you have done that in London?" Tina inquires.

"No, there's only one breeder of Appaloosa Puffskeins in the world and he lives in New York, so no." Newt explains, also itching to leave.

"I got a section 3A," Tina tells the guy at the door, who then allows us to all pass through into MACUSA. "By the way, we don't allow the breeding of magical creatures in New York. We closed that guy down a year ago."

"Hey, Goldstein." The house elf that was working the elevator greeted.

"Hey, Red." She replied. "Major Investigation Department."

"I thought you was-" Red began.

"Major Investigation Department!" She harshly snapped. "I got a Section 3A!"

----------

THIRD PERSON POV

"The International Confederation is threatening to send a delegation." Madam Picquery began. "They think this is related to Grindelwalds attacks in Europe."

"I was there. This is a beast," Graves states. "No human could do what this thing is capable of, Madam President."

"Whatever it is, one things clear, it must be stopped." She informs all the aurors. "Its terrorizing no-majs and when no-majs are afraid, they attack." Picquery sighs. "This could mean exposure. It could mean war." Turning around, Madam Picquery bestowed her eyes upon Miss Goldstein, a previous auror. "I made your position here quite clear, Miss Goldstein."

"Yes, Madam President, but I..." Tina was quickly cut off. Newt and (Y/N) still both being held by their arms.

"You are no longer an Auror." Picquery sternly spoke.

"No, Madam President, but..."

"Goldstein." The president cuts her off once more.

"There's been a minor incident..." Tina attempts to get her words in.

"Well, this office is currently concerned with very major incidents." Picquery's glare could kill if that were possible. "Get out."

"Yes, ma'am." Once again, Newt and (Y/N) get dragged into another room.

----------

"So, you got your wand permit? All foreigners have to have them in New York." Tina sit upon a desk, questioning the two.

"We made postal applications weeks ago," Newt answers.

"Scamander... And you were just in Equatorial Guinea?" Tina asks, utterly confused.

"Yes, just over a month ago." Newt begins. "I've just completed a year in the field. I'm writing a book about magical creatures."

"Like... an extermination guide?" Tina furrows her eyebrows. Newt was horrified, you could see it in his eyes. (Y/N) however, just looked very angry.

"Are you actually serious?" (Y/N)'s voice was laced with venom. Newt places a hand on her shoulder.

"No. A guide to help people understand why we should be protecting these creatures instead of killing them." He emphasized on the word 'protecting.'

"Goldstein! Where is she?" A man, much shorter than Newt stormed into the room, eyes flickering for any signs of Tina as she ducked down behind the desk. "Where is she? Goldstein!" He stood before the desk looking at the tip of her head. "Goldstein!"

"Did you just butt in on the investigative team again?" He queried. "Where've you been?"

"What?" Tina stood from the ground.

"Where'd did she pick you both up?" He quizzed Newt and (Y/N).

"Us?" Newt asked confused.

"Have you been tracking them second salemers again?" He interrogated Tina.

"Of course not, sir." She shook her head as she answered.

The man turned his attention as another entered the room.

"Afternoon, Mr. Graves, sir!" He turned his head to face Graves.

"Afternoon, Abernathy." Graves greeted his subordinate.

"Mr. Graves, sir, this is Mr. Scamander and Miss (L/N)." She walked to stand before Graves. "They have a crazy creature in that case and it got out and caused mayhem in a bank." Her voice trailed off towards the end.

"Lets see the little guy." Graves gestures to the case. Tina grabbing it off the ground and lifting it up onto a table. Newt went to object, but was quickly shut up when Graves lifted a hand as if to say 'shush.'

Tina opened the case only to reveal that it was full of pastries. Newt and (Y/N) looked at each other, their eyes bestow nothing but worry. In their pupils, you could almost see the words swirling around in the blackness, 'oh no.'

"But, sir..." Tina was at a loss of words.

"Tina..." Graves simply shook his head and walked away.

----------

Meanwhile, a very upset Kowalski had made his way back home after sadly, being denied of a loan for his bakery.

"I'm sorry grandma," He placed down the case on his bed and looked at the picture of his grandma on the wall. Unbeknownst to him, the cases latch had swung open, and the murtlap had pounced.

----------

My momma, your momma,

gonna catch a witch.

My momma, your momma,

flying on a switch.

My momma, your momma,

witches never cry.

My momma, your momma,

witches gonna die!

Witch number one, drown in

a river!

Witch number two,

gotta noose to give her!

Witch number three,

gonna watch her burn.

Witch number four, flogging

take a turn.

"Collect your leaflets before you get food, children." A lady scarcely smiles.

"Is it a witches mark, ma'am?" A little boy asks the lady also known as Mary Lou Barebone.

"No. He's okay." She replies. A boy slightly older than the rest, feels out of place, alone.