fourteen

(Y/N) POV

The chase after Credence had led Newt and I down into the subway. I stood beside Newt as he attempted to gently console the young, troubled boy.

"I'm here to help you, Credence. I'm not here to hurt you." Newt held his hands up and lowered his head to appear less threatening. "I've met someone just like you, Credence. A girl. A young girl who had been imprisoned." He slowly stepped forward to the cowering boy. "She had been locked away and had been punished for her magic." He explained. "Credence... can I come over to you? Can I come over?" The boy said nothing indicating that he didn't have a problem with us proceeding.

We nearly got there when Newt was thrown back further onto the track by Graves. Credence scurried away from the scene taking place.

"Graves! Enough!" I shouted and held my wand up.

"You don't know what you're doing." He spoke, blocking every single spell I casted at him.

"Isn't it the other way around?" I sassed back.

"(Y/N)! Disapparate now!" Newt called from behind a pillar.

"No-" My sentence was cut short by the screeching of wheels on the track. Graves raised a hand to throw Credence out of harms way before attempting to stun me. Newt quickly ran in front to block the attack. Graves quickly aimed another spell our way, both of us tumbling down onto the tracks. Electricity ran through my body as he sent out spell after spell, the pain was agonising. My cries bounced around the subway, wall to wall. Hearing Newt groan in pain beside me had made it worse. Not only was my body in pain, my heart ached at the sight and noise of the one I love hurting.

The torture had ended as we all turned to see Credence was back in his obscurial form.

"Credence.." Graves spoke lowly. Newt grabbed hold of me and disapparated away before the obscurus could expand and kill us in its rampage. We continued jumping from place to place in the subway to ensure we would not have our lives ended. Stumbling out onto the tracks, bent from the waist as Credence had covered the entire area before bursting through the ceiling.

He slammed back down into the subway, Newt had an arm around my waist, the other raised his hand in front of our faces as we both looked away, ready for impact. Graves was beside us staring up at the obscurus.

"Credence, no! Don't do this. Please." A familiar voice echoed through the subway. Tina.

"Keep talking, Tina. Keep talking to him, he'll listen to you." Newt hurriedly speaks as the hand once covering our faces moved to rest around my torso, meeting the other.

"I know what that woman did to you. I know that you have suffered. You need to stop this now." Tina nervously looks up at the substance of death. "Newt, (Y/N) and I will protect you. This man... he is using you."

"Don't listen to her Credence!" Graves exclaims. "I want you to be free."

"That's it." Tina whispers as Credence begins to calm. It did not last long as the aurors and Picquery made their way into the subway.

"Don't! You'll frighten him."

"Wands down!" Graves exclaims. "Anyone harms him, they'll answer to me."

Completely disregarding his threat, the aurors fired into the heart of the obscurus. A bright light emerging from inside the darkness.

"You fools." Graves spits. "Do you realise what you have done."

"The obscurial was killed on my orders Mr. Graves." Picquery steps forward.

"Yes, and history will surely note that, Madam President." He sighs. "What was done here tonight was not right!"

"He was responsible for the death of a No-Maj. He risked the exposure of our community." She explained. "He has broken one of our most sacred laws."

"A law that has us scuttling like rats in the gutter! A law that demands that we conceal our true nature!" I have a feeling Graves might be a Grindelwald fanatic. "A law that directs those under its dominion to cower in fear lest we risk discovery! I ask you, Madam President." He gestures towards everyone. "I ask all of you. Who does this law protect? Us? Or them?" He narrows his eyes. "I refuse to bow down any longer."

"Aurors, I would like you to relieve Mr. Graves of his wand." Picquery commands. "And escort him back."

A magical wall blocks him from leaving as he attempts to walk away. Aurors start their fire, none of them landing a hit. However, from beside me, I see Newt throw out the swooping evil. It latched itself onto Graves, sticking his hands behind his back.

"Accio!" Tina casts, his wand landing in her hand.

"Revelio." Newt points his wand at Graves as we all slowly walk forwards. His hair slowly fades from black to white, eye from brown to pale blue.

"Do you think you can hold me?" Grindelwald asks mockingly. Newt had grabbed my small hand into his large one, pulling me over to stand beside the stairs.

"We'll do our best, Mr. Grindelwald." Picquery replies.

"Will we die just a little?" Grindelwald whispers, locking eyes with Newt as he was dragged away from the scene. I felt Newt's grip on my hand tighten, I squeezed gently, letting him know I'm not going anywhere.