twelve

(Y/N) POV

We all stood upon the roof of a building that Queenie had apparated us onto after leaving MACUSA. Tina, Newt and I were standing by the edge. Ever since confessing, Newt has had some form of contact with you. Right now, his arm was wrapped around your waist. Queenie was ecstatic when Jacob had told her what had happened. She had been betting on it since the day we all met apparently. They were currently talking about pigeons and owls.

"Graves always insisted the disturbances were cause by a beast. We need to catch all your creatures so he can't keep using them as a scapegoat." Tina turned to talk to Newt.

"There's only one still missing." He informed. "Dougal, my demiguise."

"Dougal?" Tina chuckles.

"Slight problem is that he's invisible." Newt says.

"Invisible?"

"Yes, most of the time." I nod.

"How can you catch something that..."

"With immense difficulty." Newt cuts off Tina. Instantly a light bulb goes off in her head, stepping forward she says something that made the both of us very confused.

"Gnarlak!" She exclaims.

"Excuse me?" Newt asks.

"Gnarlak, he was an informant of mine when I was an Auror!" Tina smiles. "He used to trade in magical creatures on the side."

"He wouldn't happen to have an interest in paw prints, would he?" Newt questions.

"He's interested in anything he can sell."

----------

After the earlier conversation on the roof top, we had made our way to the bling pig. A speakeasy that Tina had organised for us to meet Gnarlak at. Tina and Queenie brought up their wands changing into their flapper dresses. I followed close behind.

"Oh Newt, you should tell her what you're thinking." Queenie giggles.

"Oh, uh, (Y/N), you look very beautiful." Newts cheek flushed a bright red, mine doing the exact same. I lifted my wand and let it tie Newt's undone bowtie.

"You're not too bad yourself." I smiled. Newt slid his hand into mine, interlocking our fingers together as we all walked into the speakeasy. We found a table while Queenie and Jacob went to get a drink at the bar.

"I've arrested half the people in here." Tina sits across from Newt and I, clearly uncomfortable.

"You can tell me to mind my own business, but I saw something in that death potion back there." Newt speaks to Tina. "I saw you hugging that Second Salem boy."

"His names Credence. His mother beats him." She sighs. "She beats all those kids she adopted, but she seems to hate him the most."

"She's the no-maj you attacked?" I asked.

"That's how I lost my job." Her eyes telling us that she was reliving the memory. "I went for her in front of a meeting of her crazy followers. They all had to be obliviated. It was a big scandal."

"It's him," Queenie informs.

"You're the guy with the case full of monsters, huh?" Gnarlak takes a seat. "News travels fast."

"I was hoping you'd be able to tell me if there have been any sightings. Tracks. That sort of thing." Newt queries.

"You've got a big price on your head, Mr. Scamander." I squeeze Newt's hand for reassurance. "Why should I help you instead of turning you in?"

"I take it I'll have to make it worth your while." Newt speaks lowly. I have to admit, the way it sounded was very hot. Had our relationship not been new and we were in private, I probably would have jumped on him.

"Lets consider it a cover charge." Gnarlak places the cigarette back in his mouth after speaking. Newt throws some coin out onto the table. "MACUSAs offering more than that." He then places a lunascope onto the table. "Lunascope?" Gnarlak narrows his eyes. "I have five."

"Frozen ashwinder egg." Newt pulls out the egg from his pocket and places it on the table.

"You see, now were..." Gnarlak trails off. "Wait a minute. That's a bow... That's a bowtruckle, right?"

"No." Newt speaks low and stern.

"They pick locks, am I right?" Gnarlak asks.

"You're not having him."

"Well, good luck getting back alive, Mr. Scamander, with the whole of MACUSA on your back." Gnarlak stands up to walk away.

"Alright." Newt goes to hand him over, my hands grasp onto his arm.

"Newt..." I trail off.

"Something invisibles been wreaking havoc around Fifth Avenue. You may wanna check out Macys department store. Might help with what you're looking for."

"Dougal... One last thing." Newt continues. "There's a Mr. Graves who works at MACUSA. I was wondering what you knew of his background." He was hesitant, clearly shaken after handing over one of his best friends.

"You ask a lot of questions, Mr. Scamander. That can get you killed." Gnarlak stands up, stepping away from all of us.

"MACUSA is coming!" Someone called from the other side of the speakeasy.

"You tipped them off!" Tina shouts.

"Sorry, Mr Gnarlak." Jacob punches him square in the jaw. Newt pulls me along to grab Pickett before we all disapparate.

----------

Currently, we were all crouched down at Macys department store. Dougal was in front of us collecting things into a little handbag.

"Demiguises are fundamentally peaceful, but they can give a nasty nip if provoked." Newt explains to everyone. "You two, head that way and try very hard not to be predictable." He directs Queenie and Jacob. A roaring bounced of the walls.

"Was that the demiguise?" Tina asked.

"No, I think it might be the reason that the demiguise is here." Newt smiles cutely as we all follow Dougal up the stairs. "Its sight operates on probability, so it can foresee the most likely immediate future."

"So what's it doing?"

"Its babysitting." Newt slowly walks forwards, one foot after the other.

"What did you just say?"

"This is my fault. I thought I had them all, but I must have miscounted."

"It was babysitting that?" Tina questions exasperatedly. A large occamy head lowers itself downwards towards Dougal.

"Occamies are choranaptyxic. So they grow to fill available space." Newt lets the occamy come towards him. "Mummys here." He calmed.

Everything had happened very fast. Queenie had accidentally kicked a bauble and startled the occamy. Newt had been hauled into the air.

"We need an insect, any kind of insect and a teapot!" Newt shouts. "Find a teapot!"

We all scurried off to find the said things. With great difficulty Jacob managed to catch a cockroach and I found a teapot.

"Roach in teapot." Newt whispered.

"(Y/N)..." Jacob squeezed out of his lungs that were pressed against the building's wood. He threw the cockroach, the occamy following after it. I leaped over its tail and managed to catch the roach in the pot as the occamy shrank to fit inside.

"Choranaptyxic. They also shrink to fit the available space." Newt had slid over to put a lid on the teapot.

"Tell me the truth. Was that everything that came out of the case?" Tina asked, walking up behind me.

"That's everything. And that's the truth." Newt panted out as we all went down into the case to return the creatures to their rightful spaces.