|You should have come to Shiratorizawa| Ushijima

Genoveva sat with her team watching the other matches take place in the main gymnasium. They were exempt to playing so they were happy to just observe their opponents.

"Look at her. She's Ohai High's ace and she was known to take her whole team to victory alone. Do you you think we'll face her?" Kanoka shook her senpai who sat on either side of her.

"Maybe?" Risa munched on some chips.

"Oh. Look she's ranked the #1 Libero this year, #5 the ones going against the Nekoma team and of course my dear rival. That team on the far right was the team that took down that one school who was rumored to be a favorite this year, and-"

"How do you know so much about this stuff? I mean, it's good you know you're facts but did you actually research this stuff?" Risa asked her.

Kanoka shook her head and showed her the monthly volleyball magazine.

"This tells us a lot of things on our competition this year. It tell us things about us too. See," she flips to a page with lots of profile pictures. "All the Aces are here. Geno is right here."

They both peer into the magazine and see that she was right.

"Ew, they used my middle school picture." Geno frowned causing her friends to laugh.

"Whoa, who's that sexy guy?" Risa points to the males section.

"That's. . .Wakatoshi Ushijima." Kanoka said.

"Ooh, nice kill." Geno said no longer paying attention to them but the games.

"He's from Miyagi too. He goes to Shiratorizawa."

"Oh my gosh. I'd kill for his number." Risa took a picture with her phone. Kanoka blushed silently agreeing with her.

"Wait, did you meet him once Geno?" Risa asked shocked.

"Huh?" She looks back at them. They point to a picture where they saw Geno posing with him and group of other teenagers.

"Nani?"

"You've actually met him?"

"If I did, I don't remember. Wait!" She looks into him and surprisingly remembers him. "It's HIM." She hisses.

"Why do refer to him like that?" They both lean back a bit.

Geno had been invited for an interview for the National High School magazine along with other Aces around the country.

She was in Tokyo, in a gym full of bright lights, people and cameras.

She was munching on a granola bar, watching as they were currently filming them doing some practice spikes.

The males were going first and they were all lined up on the court waiting for their turn.

Geno sat with some girls, not really paying attention to their conversation.

"Okay, but what about Hozaki, or Mr. Stoic-Shiratorizawa's ace Wakatoshi Ushijima." One of the girls pointed at him who currently was getting ready to spike.

"Does he even talk?" They giggle and were impressed when he spiked.

"Whoa, he's strong!"

"Hey. It's our turn let's go!"

Geno feels a tap on her shoulder and sees the girls are leaving to line up.

Geno shoves the rest of her granola in her mouth causing it to expand her cheeks. She tried chewing it quickly as she walked passed the boys who were going to sit where they had been.

Some of them laughed as they saw the funny face she had made. "Don't choke, squirrel chan!"

She ignores the comment and by the time it was her turn she had finished it and warmed up her body.

She readies herself for the jump and as soon as she's tossed too, she jumps and spikes the ball hard.

The girl clapped behind her impressed and she bows to the setter in respect.

Afterwards they all posed together for a group picture and then went on to their individual interviews.

It was Miyagi's prefecture's turn, and she follows the lady along with a boy that was slightly taller than her to a white screen.

They hear the interviewer greet the camera and ask them to introduce themselves.

If Geno was completely honest this was the most awkward interview ever. Both teens responded to the questions briefly and they could tell the reporter was getting anxious.

"So what are your dreams after highschool?"

"Go Pro and win." They both say at the same time.

They look at each other surprised, and it caused the Interviewer to laugh. "Finally! You guys show emotion!"

After their shock they continue to interview them, each getting different questions. And later explaining to them why they were chosen for their ranks.

Geno actually payed attention to this because who didn't like to be praised and was very impressed with the quiet guy who had an amazing point record and wicked left handed spike.

They concluded the interview and were both asked to wait in the mess hall next to the gym.

On their way, it was so quiet, it made the atmosphere intense since none said a thing.

"This is awkward." They both thought

Geno not being the best conversationalist tried to say something, but he looked very intimidating.

"You should have come to Shiratorizawa. . ." He said quietly.

She stops in her track, eyebrows quirked up in surprise. "So he can talk. ." She thought.

"Excuse me?" She asked taken back.

He stops too and looks back at the girl.

"You seem to be a very exceptional Volleyball player. Just like Oikawa Tooru- You could have been great at Shiratorizawa. Pity. . .."

She doesn't know if he's belittling her or complementing her. 'Could have been great?'

"Is that so," she still says bitterly, narrowing her eyes at him. He didn't seem to have ill intent behind his words but they way he was phrasing it-

"Yes. It's too bad you didn't."

With that he left a mildly insulted Genoveva alone in the corridor.

"Maybe you heard it out of context?" Kanoka suggested.

"I mean he didn't call you a bad player?" Risa offered her some of her chips.

"Maybe? He did seem like he wasn't much of a talker or realized that what he said did seem a bit rude but. . .I still felt pretty offended though." She pouts and takes some.

"At least you got to talk to him!" Risa exclaims.

"So?" Geno asks confused.

"Whatever."

"I wouldn't be surprised if you died alone."

"That's mean Risa! Why would you say that?!"

"Let me see that picture again." Risa ignores the clueless girl and continues to admire Shiratorizawa's ace.