Periods | Bokuto ft. Akaashi

How do you begin to explain one of the most sacred rites of womanhood to a child who knew nothing about women?

Correction. This was no child but an absolute idiot when it came to women. Akaashi knew this very well. After all he was pretty sure that Bokuto believed that Genoveva was literally like one of the guys.

Growing up with an older sister, Akaashi experienced many of the rites. The menustration cycle was a big one. He knew what the difference between tampons and pads were like. He knew also knew his sister became more emotional and chaotic than normal.

He also knew that whenever she was on her "happy days", it was best to leave her alone and make sure she had everything she needed nearby. Sweets, sanitary items, heating pads, lots of fluids and blankets.

Akaashi knew that in order to guarantee his life span for the next few years he'd be at home he needed to prepare every beginning of every month and to be prepared for unexpected irregular days.

When he moved out he was finally liberated from the torment he suffered the last seven years.

But here he was in the same situation again, in Genoveva's dorm room, with said girl under some blankets sprawled in her living room and Bokuto trying to convince her to go out and eat with them.

He saw the warning signs as soon as he walked. He should have dragged out Bokuto  as soon as he noticed but the huge child wouldn't have cared anyway. He could only sigh a the sight before him.

Multiple kinds of candy were scattered around the floor, her electrical heating pad and computer charger at arms length, the lack of noise(she was as loud as Bokuto sometimes), and her favorite drama playing on her wide 50 inch tv.

"Bokuto-san, I think it's best if we take our leave-"

"Eh! Nani? But I want to eat some beef with GG! HEY,  GG my man!" He poked her resting form.

She wiggled herself in her shell and ignored Bokuto's jabbing finger on her side.

Akaashi tried to picture which scenario would play out first.

A. Genoveva would ignore him and stay huddled in her blanket.

B. Genoveva would lunge angrily at Bokuto and possibly scar him for life.

C. She'll yell at him and make him go in his emo state

D. Or be a sobbing mess and kill them in the process.

All possibilities that Akaashi feared.

He just wanted a normal night out. Why couldn't he have just a normal night out? He originally had said yes to Bokuto because this was Genoveva. She was the chill one in the squad, the one who if you fed she'd be fine.

He could only sigh once again.

"Bokuto-san, she's not feeling well, let's go and leave her be."

"Why what's wrong? GG, you okay? Need the doctor or something?" Bokuto concerned peeked under her blanket. They heard a groan, and eventually she came out looking exactly like Akaashi predicted.

Her hair was a mess, her eyes were puffy(she must have cried), and she was in her penguin pjs.

"Kou. . .why am I so ugly?!" She cried grabbing a nearby pillow and burying her face in it.

They both froze and said nothing.

'Ah, scenario D.' He thought.

Bokuto looked back at Akaashi for some kind of explanation but he shrugged not sure how to explain to him that this was normal for women in their period.