✨Chapter five -Alliance

Emily's POV

I was still in shock as to what just occurred. James ran off without saying a word. He wasn't the type to behave like this. I was the dramatic one. He was so calm and collected and I would have never expected this reaction from him.

Dad kept pacing around the room lost in thoughts. He held his phone tightly and I knew he was desperately waiting for a call.

After 30 minutes of torment from dad's quirky shoes and no news or idea of James' whereabouts, I finally broke the silence.

"Dad what are we going to do about James, there's still no news of him", I said while dialling his number.

I had dialled his number several times now but all I kept getting was the server's response, the number you are calling is switched off please try again later or leave a message. Blah blah blah.

It was so annoying. I mean who can't relate. I hated it whenever I called someone and I received the server's response. Ahhh it was so annoying.

After some time dad said some words quietly almost like he was whispering
" Let's give him some time to himself"; then he walked up the stairs slowly to his room like a man who was declared bankrupt.

My conscience pricked me. I felt so guilty. Everything was my fault. Dad was in so much pain. If only I hadn't lied and hadn't been so mean to James earlier maybe this wouldn't have happened. I hated those two words, "if only". It made me feel helpless and weak.

I was still lost in my thoughts when I got a call. I quickly picked up the call only to find out the caller was just Smith, James' friend. He told me he couldn't get in touch with James either.

Very helpful information indeed. Then I decided I would search for him myself. I didn't care about my schoolmates laughing at me if they saw me.

Well somehow,  let's just say I wore a big black hoodie and put on the hood because I was cold and I wore dark sunglass to protect my eyes.

I had a plan. Bringing my friends to help was hard. I knew better not to call the twins. I called Lucy severally but she wouldn't answer my calls. She was mad at me because I hid the truth from her, my supposed best friend but I knew how to apologize.

I took a cab to Tyler's house. It wasn't hard to locate as he always posted pictures of himself in front of his porch and on other sides of his house. I also knew his address. I'm not a stalker.

I finally understand why he posts pictures of his house frequently. It's picture-worthy. With all confidence in me, I pressed the bell. It took some time for me to get a reply leaving me in a debate with myself.

What exactly was I thinking, he was there and he saw how I was embarrassed, it was everywhere that I was a liar. Some of my mean classmates had already started some stickers with my face.

He would probably think less of me now. We had started building something. Last week, he had noticed me and occasionally he would stare at me and give me a sneaky wink. I always fought the urge to blush.

Finally, someone answered, "Who is it?"

"I'm here to see Tyler, my Fri...i.end. I'm Emily", I stammered. I was nervous.

I was ushered in by Tyler's elder sister. She was dressed up beautifully and that could mean she was going out. I began to panic more. She led me in and offered me a seat.

That was Allison. She had just graduated from Bradford High School. She was his elder sister and she's very pretty and nice. They were only two children just like James and me. I knew some things about him, many were through social media. We rarely talked. We just looked at each other. I visited his page a lot. I repeat I'm not a stalker.

" Okay like just wait here let me get him",  she quickly muttered while climbing up the stairs.

"Sure thank you."

I took the time to surf through the house. The sparkling pointillism tiles, the chandelier, the soft teal couch, the sweet scent of honey and lavender, and beautiful curtains. It was all so beautiful.

I was taking it all in when Tyler tapped me.

I yelled and lost my balance but I was caught by strong hands and blue eyes pierced through my dark brown eyes. It was mesmerizing.

"Hey beautiful", he said " My sis has gone out and I'm like home alone. My parents travelled to Paris for a holiday." I could see him smirk all through.

I snapped out of his deep masculine voice and quickly got out of that uncomfortable position and addressed him.

"Umm, I need your help"

I was still trying to understand when his sister left. Almost like he read my thoughts,

"My sis left through the back door, she's going on a date with her boyfriend, you wanna watch a movie with me?"

"Maybe next time", I said slowly "but seriously I have an urgent sit-"

I was stopped midway by a kiss. His lips were so soft but I was inexperienced. He wanted to deepen it. I didn't expect this at all and I quickly pulled away. He stole my first kiss. I wanted it to be special. I didn't know if I liked it or not but this was definitely not the right time.

My cheeks were all red now and before I could say anything, he put his finger on my lips.

" I kinda like you a lot and I love the way you are, feisty and bad. I love bad girls and I think you like me too."

He left my lips and started checking me out, it made me feel weird and vulnerable. I felt his eyes move from my lips to my thighs and back to my lips.

He was coming closer slowly then I used my hands to stop him while I spoke quickly

"My brother is missing and I need some friends so we can look for him, maybe we could continue this another time ."

Looks of anger, worry, pain, indifference and concern flashed through his face all at once. I didn't understand him at all. Did I even know him? I just liked him a lot. I wasn't going to go all the way with him, I wanted it slow and beautiful.

"Alright", he quickly said and he started texting.

I was quite angry with him for that but within five minutes two guys who are always with him showed up. I was so excited and I hugged him and whispered a thank you.

He weirdly stiffened at this then he relaxed. I quickly texted Lucy that I was with Tyler and in exactly seven minutes she was here looking stunning. She wore her mini jean skirt. It showed off her fine legs and a yellow sleeveless top. It was made of light material. If not for the lustre and brand, it could pass for a club dancer's shirt. It showed off her glowing skin and made her bust look bigger. She was always well dressed but this was beyond her usual style.

I was amazed at her. She always took not less than fifteen minutes to get ready but this time only seven. This girl.

She quickly texted me that I was forgiven as long as Tyler was hers. I didn't reply to this as I didn't want to start another fight with her, this wasn't the time to tell her what happened between Tyler and me.

The guys took some drinks and then we began our search. We decided to split up to cover more places faster. Tyler and Lucy went together while Blake, Davis and I went together.

I wished I was paired up with Tyler.

I hoped my dad wouldn't worry about me as I only left a message and went out.

I was going to find James no matter what. I won't lose another family member.
...........................................................

So this is another chapter of my corona roommate. I hope you all are enjoying it. PLEASE tell me what you think.

Do you think Emily and Tyler will make a good pair?  Will they find James?

😗😗😗