✨Chapter Eighteen-A Series of unfortunate events

Emily's POV

   Some things happen for a reason either good or bad, you just have to flow with it and make the best of it.

  Here I was stuck with two guys, suffering a severe headache after my unfruitful search with Fred this Saturday. I couldn't think properly.

We were robbed!

Rather than focus on our unfortunate events, I'd rather cheer myself up by thinking about the previous day's events.

***
Last Thursday's evening with Adam was fun. He felt he had won by sneaking to his room with my porridge but I showed him what I'm made of. I couldn't believe I was actually waiting for him to come out of his room. The power was out but thanks to his inverter, everything was functioning properly. He was really bent on not coming out. Such a coward so I lured him out.

If I was seen as a crazy person for what I did I don't care, I just wanted to have some fun and loosen up. Without thinking much, I switched off the inverter and scattered the entire living room then at intervals, I would yell like I was in pain. This would surely get him out so I could fully execute my master plan.

Indeed, he came out and from the tone of his voice, he was really worried or should I say he seemed afraid.

"Emily, are you okay? What happened and why's the light out?" He kept asking other related questions as he flashed his phone torch around the living room. I quickly hid by the curtain but I could see him now as he switched on the lantern, which I didn't know he had.

He was baffled by the appearance of the living room perhaps even frightened. The look on his face was picture and meme-worthy. I wished I had my phone with me so I could get a pic of his expression and post it on my social handles. I'm sure I would get like a thousand hearts and likes, maybe post it on Tik Tok and also #Scare my roommate. That would be dope.

Everything was falling into place. He was scanning through everything when he saw a used bandage. I had intentionally put it there to startle him.

My plan would have gone to perfection but I had to slip and fall on my face. My stupid left leg had to start hurting again. I was about to sneak behind him and sprinkle water on him when I fell.

At first, he tried to help me get up but as soon as the realization hit him that I had planned all this as a prank, he left my hands causing me to fall back once again.

"Ouch, that hurts so much. Adam, I'm serious I think I twisted my ankle." I tried to look as convincing as possible, I was truly in immense pain.

"Oh nice one Emily, I'm not falling for your little antics I know you are just pretending and this is another one of your tricks. I'm not stupid." He pushed his lips out and stared blankly at me.

"Fine, I can manage by myself anyway." What was I saying, I needed help seriously.

I struggled to walk and to my utmost surprise, Adam strolled past me.
"Clean up after you're done with your act, I'll call Fred and see what's keeping him since he's bringing pizza." He said in a sing-song manner as he left.

Not only was I frustrated then but I was also mad at him. So what if I deceived him once, he should have given me the benefit of doubt and helped anyways.

Amidst all my ramblings, I put the living room back in order. I couldn't stop myself from lingering on a particular picture, a picture of a young Adam with two people who I presumed were his mom and dad. They looked happy. The man had a lot of Adam's features, a well-defined jawline, quite a good amount of stubble and Adam's dark skin.

Fred eventually came home with the pizza and sodas. Adam immediately approached him.  "Fred, what took you so long, it's 9 pm now and we've been waiting for you." His voice was laced with both worry and anger.