✨Chapter Thirteen-My Mysterious Blabber

Adam's POV

I never imagined that I would see her again. She kept staring at me and it felt like we were in our own world. I noticed an older lady and a man coming after her. All she said was "It's you" and she was checking me out.

Her mouth was wide open. I wore a black shirt but I left the three top buttons open allowing a good view of my muscular chest with jeans and black sandals. It was a casual look for me but I guess it was a lot more to her.

After about two minutes of her eye raping me, I grabbed her hands which finally brought her back then I whispered into her ear. I let her go after winking at her. She was blushing and she looked adorable.

My sister was distracted by a jumpsuit that caught her attention and she was haggling the price with the shop owner. She told me that she's not leaving here until she gets that at a good price. I guess although she had stayed in the US for six years, she still had that Yoruba spirit. We can bargain until we get what we want.

A part of me was really curious to hear what the older lady would tell Emily so I stood close by. Not close enough to be seen by them though enough to overhear their conversation. The market was rowdy with different people going in and out so I could easily blend in.

"What was that about Deppe, so you are flirting with men now right? What did he tell you?" The older lady frowned.

"Grandma, it was nothing, he just told me to close my mouth. I was just shocked, I met him in the airport,  it's nothing more", she stuttered.

The whole situation I created was just amusing. It wasn't entirely my fault as she approached me. I got tired of seeing my sister try on several clothes and bargain with shop owners so I let her be instructing her to meet me at the entrance once she was done.

I'm glad I did that. I was able to learn some things about the mysterious blabberer. Her name is Emily Deppe. Nice name but it feels so weird that she bears the same name as my younger sister. She has a grandma. Her American accent is real and she's a bad liar. She kept looking everywhere but at her grandma while she spoke to her. Those were not my words to her.

"Deppe, if you think this little charade of yours will prevent me from doing what I have in mind you're so wrong", her grandma said while pulling her forcefully but the man stayed back and entered the car. He's probably their driver. His shabby appearance and uniform say it all.

Knowing fully well my sister would take her time and unfortunately I gave her thirty thousand naira cash, I decided to keep tailing my mysterious blabberer. She's adorable and I have nothing more to do. I'll just try to unravel the mystery behind her. At least, it would get my mind off my money pleading for help from the profligate hands of Emily Morgan.

Luckily for me, I didn't take her to a shopping mall. She would have painted the town red with my debit card. Since I'm trying to be the cool elder brother, I would pretend it was alright.

The clothes my mysterious blabberer put on were clearly not her style. Annoyance, dislike and "I have no choice" were written on her face. She looked silly in most of the clothes and her smile was upside down. The blue scarf on her head was not helping the matter at all. She tried on a long suit skirt with a matching shirt and much other such clothing and long flowing gowns. The older ladies cheered her on anytime she came out saying she looked wonderful just like an angel but those were lies. She looked like a grandma and could be mistaken for a nun and I couldn't help laughing out loud.

Immediately I laughed, she saw me and she glared at me like she was going to kill me right here, right now. Her grandma was chatting and giggling with the shop owner in Igbo while a young lady who I knew was the assistant kept giving her clothes based on her grandma's choice to try on.