2

Y/N POV

It seemed like the whole show flew by, and by the time I could comprehend everything that had happened, it was over, and I had five Grammys in my arms.

It didn't take long for the venue to clear out, as most people were heading over to Ariana Grandes house for a huge after party that she was throwing.

I secured my awards in the Limo with my manager, Thomas, who promised he'd get them home safely. Thomas and I went to high school together, and I've known him for about 13 years now.

Aside from Drake, he's one of my best friends.

"Yo you ready to go? Our cars here. We headin over to Ari's." The rapper said. I grinned and nodded.

"Fuck yeah, let's go man."

"Sick. Rih and Mel are meeting us there."

We walked outside to where rides were lined up along the curb, and once Drake found our car, we were soon heading off to Ariana Grands New York Mansion.

The house was packed when we got there, and there were hundreds of cars lined along the sidewalks.

A few burly looking dudes with earpieces stood by the entrance with a list of the guests, probably there to keep out the riff raff.

"Name?" One of the guys asked me.

"Y/n Y/L/N." He nodded and let me enter while the other guy checked Drake. Ari and I are actually really good friends, which is super cool.

We met when we were both filming music videos on the same lot about three years ago.

"Y/n!" Speak of the devil. The little Italian rammed into me, engulfing me in a bear hug.

"Hey Ari." I laughed, hugging her back before setting her down. "I'm so glad you guys could make it! Hey D!" She said, taking the canadian with a hug just like she did me.

The rapper laughed. "Hey R."

"Well look who decided to show up." A voice said from behind us. I whipped around and came face to face with non other than Rihanna.

"Hey." I smiled at her, and she smirked back.

"So I suppose you forgot about finding me after the show?"

"Shit! Sorry! I got distracted with my manager, Thomas, and then we left almost right away. I'm so sorry."

The Bajan just chuckled, moving some hair from her face with one of her perfectly manicured finger nails.

"Relax Y/n, it's okay. Besides, it's nothing I can't say here. Let's go get some drinks first though. Liss, you gonna stay with Aub?" She asked, turning to her best friend, who was talking to Ari and Drake.

Melissa nodded, and Rihanna turned back to me. "Don't get lost now." She teased, walking over to what I assumed to be the kitchen.

I followed her through the crowd to a bar, stationed with two servers. "What'll you have?" One of them asked me.

"Rum and coke please." She nodded and started on making my drink. "I knew you'd be that kind of person." Rihanna said with a slight giggle. I furrowed my eyes brows.

"What?"

"Your drink. I knew you were going to pick that drink."

I narrowed my eyes teasingly at the pop star. "Are you some kind of mind reader? Should I be worried?"

The shorter woman through her head back and laughed. "Yes, you should be worried."

"Your drinks."

We walked around a bit, sipping on our cocktails and mingling with other artists. The place was packed with singers and friends of singers, a lot of whom I knew.

Music was blasting and the dance floor seemed to be over flowing.

Both Rihanna and I were about three drinks in by the time she dragged me over there, wanting to dance with me.

I hated dancing, mostly because I'm total shit at it, but I couldn't resist her. It was a lot of fun, and we danced for a while, and one time, she started grinding on me, and I just hoped to god she couldn't feel my boner.

At some point we got separated, and I went outside to the balcony, which was surprisingly empty, to take a break. I tended to get pretty overwhelmed at parties sometimes, and it helped for me to take a breather once in a while.

I sat down in one of the chairs, admiring the view. The city lights lit up the night sky. It must be about 11:30 at night by now, and the party showed no signs of slowing down.

"I thought I may find you out here." I smiled as Rihanna closed the sliding glass door and sat in the chair next to me.

"Doing more mind reading?" I joked. She snorted. "Possibly."

We sat in silence for a number of minutes, just enjoying the cool night air.

"I've always loved the city." I commented, looking at the woman next to me.

"Oh yeah, how come?" She asked me with a find smile.

"I always feel like I'm right in the center of everything. The center of all the action, you know? Living in the suburbs sometimes gets lonely. It's nice to feel connected."

The brunette nodded. "I know what you mean. There's something magical about cities. A lot of people think they're loud and dirty, but I think they are like plants, with each street being it's own root, carrying water and nutrients to itself and other plants. When you live in a city, everyone is part of the same system, whether they realize it or not."

Her words really struck me. "That's a really cool way to think about it."

Rihanna smiled. "Thank you. So tell me more about this clothing brand of yours."

I chuckled, shrugging. "Well there's not really much to tell. Honestly right now, it's more of an idea than anything. I have people who are working with me on everything from a business stand point, but as far as the actual designs and message goes, I'm kind of lost."

"Want to get out of here?"

I looked at her, puzzled, and not expecting her to say that. Nevertheless, I assumed she was asking me for a reason, and I'm not about to turn down hanging out with Rihanna.

"Sure."

Her eyes sparkled with excitement and she stood from her chair, grabbing my hand.

"Let's go."