3

Y/N POV

Neither of us had a car due to the fact that we both took ride services here, so we ended up just walking.

I didn't even know where we were going, I just followed Rihanna through the empty city streets.  It was about 3 AM now, and cold as shit. I'm just happy I brought an overcoat with me tonight. I guess Ri hadn't exactly thought of that considering she's still in her dress, nothing to keep her warm.

There were very few cars on the road, and the chilly night air combined with the warming street lights made me feel like I was in a movie scene. I had made sure to text Drake and Ari our whereabouts so they wouldn't come looking for us, thinking we'd been kidnapped or something. 

We had both sobered up around the time we left, so I didn't have to worry about embarrassing myself while drunk. 

"Where are we going?" I asked after around 10 minutes of weaving through streets and neighborhoods.

"Patience Y/n." The Bajan chided me, continuing her quick place along the side walk. 

"Patience can suck my ass." I mumbled, making the woman in front of me giggle. "Just a few more minutes. We haven't even gone a quarter mile. You're just a baby."

"I'm not a baby!" I defended, catching up to her. She stopped for a moment and turned to me, raising one of her perfect eyebrows.

"Mhm." Then she went back to walking, leaving me in the dust. A few more minutes and we found ourselves in central park. It was about two hours passed closing time, so we had to sneak it.

We did a shit job though; neither of us could stop laughing for some reason. I continued to follow the singer along a stone path until we reached a huge rock. "Okay, are we done now?" I asked, trying to warm my hands.

"Oh come on, the fun is just starting. You have to climb up." 

"Wha-" I turned to see Rihanna practically dance her way up to the top of the rock. "Come on!" She said, throwing her hands in the air.

"WHOO! King of the world!"

I looked around, paranoid of getting caught. "Someone might hear us you know." I told her nervously. 

"Who cares. Now get your ass up here, the view is incredible." I took a few hesitant steps towards the rock and sighed. How many chances would I get to do this again, especially with Rihanna? None.

"Alright, I'm coming up." I got to the top with ease and inhaled sharply as soon as I saw the view. You could see basically the entire park, with the city background, lighting up the dark sky.

"Woah." I breathed, drinking it all in. The singer next to me giggled. "Was it worth the walk?" She asked, sitting down.

"For sure." I murmured, looking up at the stars. "Sit with me." Rihanna said softly, patting the space next to her. I sat down, leaving a few inches of space between us out of respect for her.

We sat in silence for a number of minutes, our gazes focused on the view, until I spoke.

"So...why here?" I asked, adjusting my position so that my legs were stretched out in front of me and I was leaning back on my palms. The winter chill that came with being on the East Coast in January seemingly leaving. 

"You can see almost everything from here. The city. The park. The Ocean. You don't really feel the connection when you're down, walking the streets and taking the subway around. But up here, where you can actually see, the connection becomes apparent. You said you loved the city for how it makes you feel; connected, part of the action. Sometimes, it's nice to take a step back and just observe."