11

A/n yo guys, just thought I'd let you know that this will be a fairly shorter story compared to a lot of my others, and will most likely end with around 15-20 chapters. 

4 months later

Y/N POV

"I don't know dude. I just can't tell." I whined to Drake. He and I were hanging out at my place, kicking ass in COD on my ps4.

"Yeah, Rih is a pretty flirty person. She's fun like that. But honestly, I haven't seen her flirt with someone as much as she does you. Usually it's a few side comments to someone, but with you...it's touches, and giggling, and blushing-all that mushy shit. Women are hard to read as it is, but Robyn's a whole other ball game."

I nodded, making a noise of agreement. "Well, what do you suggest I do?"

He sighed, shrugging. "I don't know man. It's really your call, but if I was you, I'd probably make a move. See where it goes. Who knows, maybe she's been playin the whole time. I doubt it, but maybe. And let's say she is, and you make a move, if it goes to shit you can play it off as a joke."

That actually didn't sound like too bad of an idea.

"Yeah, maybe."

"Look man, the one thing I can for sure tell you, is that I've never seen her act the way she does around you with anyone else. Never. You're special to her. Anyone can see that. Hell-even the media can, and that's why I think you should talk to her."

I bit my lip, deep in thought about what I could do about this whole situation. I've been friends with the singer for a little less than a year now, and the flirting hasn't stopped. In fact, it's probably become even more frequent. 

It started out as sly glances, jokes, and nicknames, and it's manifested into all of the above, including weekly hang outs/dinners at my place or hers, with movie nights and sleep overs. 

And even with all the chaos around the next clothing drop next week, she's still found time to spend with me. 

Still though. I'm not one for rejection, and I'd honestly rather die than get shot down by her. I would be risking our friendship. And besides, if she liked me too, why wouldn't she just tell me?

----------------------------

Rihanna POV

"I don't know what to do Mel! I really, really like her! But she's more oblivious than a bag of rocks!" I sighed in frustration, looking at my best friend for help.

"Why don't you just talk to her?" The other woman asked, taking a sip of her wine.

"Because what if she doesn't like me? What if she only thinks of me as a friend?"

Melissa shot me an incredulous look. "Do you honestly think that? After all the time you guys have spent together in the last what-like 7 months? I can't tell you how many times you've blown me off to be with her."

I chuckled at her comment. "Sorry."

The other woman raised her hands. "Hey, I'm not complaining. Just fuck already so we don't have to deal with this anymore. All you do is talk about her non stop, and if I even had one brain cell left, I'd say Y/n is probably doing the same thing right now with Drizzy."

"Does she think I don't like her? Because I've done literally everything to drop hints. She can't possibly think I'm joking, can she?"

-----------------------------

Y/N POV

"But what if she's been joking this whole time!?" I suddenly ask, my voice frantic. 

"Dude, calm down. I doubt that's the case. And as I said before, if it is, then you could easily play off asking her out as a joke."

----------------------------

Rihanna POV

"Rih let me tell you something right now. Y/n may be a girl, but trust me when I say she's got the mind and intellect of a man. She probably can't tell shit from fuck when it comes to flirting. Especially not with someone like you. It's pretty damn obvious she likes you, and it's also obvious that you intimidate her because you're a bad ass, beautiful woman."

Melissa was right. I am a bad ass.

"So what do you suggest I do? Keep dropping hints, wait for her to make a move, or make a move on her?"

"That's up to you. But, if you really want my advice, I'd say just go for it."