Anti Monster Laws

Wilamae's POV:

Addison and I walked into City Hall with our mum and dad.

"We're fine mum. I promise." I said to our mother.

"Aunt Missy, Uncle Dale. The crash was horrible, but I protected Addison and Wilamae. Anyone as courageous as me would have done so. Though not really, I am super brave." Bucky came over to us and I rolled my eyes as my parents smiled at my cousin.

"Mum, Dad. Everything is fine." Addison told our parents.

"No everything is not fine. There is a pack of rabid werewolves circling us right now, waiting to attack. So don't tell us everything is fine."

"Yeah, and I am way too tasty. I'm always looking like a snack." Bucky said. I rolled my eyes again, looking to Addison. "Someone has to do something."
"And someone will. Hold my purse." Mum gives dad her purse and heads to the front of the room. "By order of the city council, effective immediately, all anti-monster laws are now in place." She bangs on the stand.

"Mum that is unfair!" I said to her. She made a motion for me to zip-it.

"Zed! We need to talk." Addison said to Zed.

"We do. Even though you didn't write or answer any of my letters..."
"She did believe me." I said to him. "The Acey's shredded all of the letters." I held up her pom poms.

"Addison, will you make me the luckiest Zombie and be my date to Prawn?" He asked.

"No." Addy replied.

"Great. No?" His face fell as he took in what she said.

"Everyone is freaking about the werewolves so the monster laws are back in place which means..." Addy started but was interrupted by the Self-Centered king himself, Bucky.

"Zombies can't go to prawn. Ouch!" Bucky put his hand on Zed's shoulder.

"But we will fight this Zed!" Addison said to him. Zed started smiling. "Why are you smiling?"

"Because, when you said no, I thought you didn't like me anymore. But the only problem here are werewolves. We can totally fix this." Zed said super hopeful. I laughed and took Zoey's hand.

"Come on Zoe. I'll take you home." I told her. We headed out of City hall and made our way to Zombietown.

"Please can I have one, Mae? Please? I am the only Zombie in my class! A werewolf friend would be great! I'd feed her and walk her!" Zoey tugged on my hand.

"I don't know if you would want one Zoey. Although they seemed okay." I told her.

"Wait you met one?" She asked.

"No. Maybe. I don't know for sure that he was one." I told her. We reached her house and she led me inside. "Maybe you should make a poster asking for a friend?" We made a poster and then we went outside to the bus stop outside her house. She started hammering the sign onto the stop when a man in a Seabrook Power uniform came up to us.

"Have you seen a werewolf? I'm looking for a were-friend." Zoey asked the man.
"Silly kid. There is no such thing as Werewolves." he said to her.

"But we heard it howl! And Mae talked to one!" Zoey said, defiant. The man looked at me.

"Maybe it was just a hiker saying howls it going?" the man said.

"It was a werewolf! My, what big eyes you have." Zoey said.

"Zoey, why don't you go inside? It's starting to get dark." I told her. She nodded to me and raced inside her house. "Well, Wyatt, what are you doing here?" I asked the boy.

"Ha. How did you know it was me." He asked, rubbing the back of his neck, his brown eyes looking at the floor.

"I have a knack of remembering people's faces. They just necessarily don't remember mine, they just remember my twin's face." I say to him. I motion for him to walk with me. "So what are you doing here, in Seabrook?"

"Just seeing what's happening with you... your town!" Wyatt said. "Did you know they have this thing called Fro-Yo?"

"Yeah I did. Coach owns that place. Obviously we are panicking because of your werewolf pack." I said, waving my arms in the air. We reach my street. "You should probably go. My parents don't really like monsters."

"Well then Wilamae..." He started.

"Just call me Mae. Everyone does." I tell him.

"Well Mae, I will leave you and head back home to my house, because that's where I live, in my house." I chuckle at his awkwardness and wave at him.

"See ya!" I turn around and walk down my street and walk up the steps to my house and turn around and see him still standing at the end of the street. I wave at him again and then walk inside the house. I lean against the door, calming my breath, but then Addy runs down the stairs and pulls me to our secret place outside. When we were younger, dad built us a "Zombie" proof treehouse, and now that is where we share everything. She pulls me outside and we climb up the ladder.

"Soo who was that boy you were talking to?" she asks me.

"Oh that was Zach. Yep that was Zach. He is in my Chemistry class." I tell her, wanting to keep Wyatt a secret for a little longer. "He wanted to walk me home."

"And he works with Seabrook Power?" She asks me with a 'I don't believe you' face on.

"Okay fine. That's not Zach. That was Wyatt. I met him in the forest."

"Is he a wolf?" She said, eyes open wide.

"Yes. But you can't tell mum or dad, okay? Pinkie swear?" I held out my pinkie.

"Pinkie swear." We heard mum say dinner was ready, so we went inside and had dinner and then I headed up to my room and Addison hers.