Cheer up Mae

Wyatt's POV:

"Wyatt?" It was barely a whisper but I heard it. I opened my eyes and looked over at Mae. She rolled over and gazed over at me. Her cheeks were flushed. I panicked.

"Are you okay? Are you feverish?" I ask her, jumping to her side. She shook her head and wriggled halfway out of her cocoon of blankets.

"Just warm. Who wrapped me up like a mummy?"

"Zed and Addison." I told her. "I mean - maybe you should stay in them?"

"I'd rather not." She patted the bed next to her and I climbed in next to her. She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me close. "Is there anyone else here?"

"Just you and me. Well in this part of the den." I lay down with her snuggling up to me.

"Wait, the den?" she looked up to me, her blue eyes confused and wide.

"Yeah we are in the den." I say. Alright then no dodging it. "Mae, while you were unconscious in the last 4 hours, your parents threw you out because you are one of us. You now live here with me, with the pack."

"Wait, what about Addy?" She started to get up but I grabbed her and pulled her back down.

"Don't worry, Addy is fine." I pulled some of her hair out of her face.

"What room are we in?" She said as she looked around the semi-dark room.

"We are in my room. This is where you stay now. Addison dropped off all of the stuff from your room, and I put it in here. Do you want to walk around? See how the pack is doing?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I'm gonna say that you are gonna be overprotective and at the first sign of me fainting again, we'll come straight back?" I nodded. We walked out of my - our room and down the stairs, holding Mae's hand for every second we were out of that bed. We walked out to the main part of the den where we met with Willa, Wynter, Eliza, Bonzo, Zed and Addison.

"Mae! You're alright!" Addison rushes to her sister and hugs her. Mae nearly falls over, but I put my arm around her, keeping her stabilized.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why did you guys have to wrap me up like a mummy?" Mae asks her sister and friend.

"We didn't want you getting cold." Zed said to her.

"Why did I black out?" Mae asks Willa.

"Because you are the Great Alpha, you took on the pain of everyone in our pack, and because that pain was too much for your body, you blacked out, while the rest of us just had horrible coughing fits." Willa explains to her.

"Ah right." Mae nods. "Wanna be co-Alpha's until I figure out this whole thing with me being the Alpha and mum and dad kicking me out?"

"Sure. I would love to!" Willa says to my mate.

"We should probably go. It's starting to get lighter, and we have school soon. No way are we expecting you guys at school today. Stay here and get rest." Zed said to Mae and me. Mae nodded. She walked out of my arms and over to Zed.

"I know that you were just trying to protect us from the shame of being a monster, but don't ever do that again, okay Z-man?" She hugged her best friend as he nodded.

"I'm sorry, Mae. About everything." She pulled away from him.

"It's okay. Now go to school, otherwise you'll be late." She pushed him to the exit. Her friends and sister all left, leaving Willa, Wynter, Mae and me in the den. "Can I go back to bed?" I nodded and led her back to the room. She lay down on the bed and I lay down next to her.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her, as I moved some strands of her hair from her face.

"Better, still not the best." She smiled up at me, before going on her elbows and kissing me. We break apart and I smile at her.

"Go to sleep. You need your rest." I tell her, as she snuggles up to me.

Wilamae's POV:

I wake up from my nap and see Wyatt sleeping next to me. He sleeps so peacefully. I run my hand through his hair as I watch him sleep. I lean forward and kiss his forehead, before getting out of bed and going to find the kitchen in this place. I need a good feast. I wander around, and as I wander around, I run into Wynter.

"Hey Wynter." I say to her.

"Mae! You're awake." She says, as she hugs me.

"Yeah, I'm also in need of a feast!" I say to her.

"Oh, come with me! I'll show you the kitchen." She leads me around the corner and through a door. " Here it is."

"Thanks, Wynter. Wanna help me?" I ask her as I start getting out the stuff for my Mac and Cheese.

"Like, actually?" I nodded. "I would love to!" We start making the Mac and Cheese and as we make it we chat about all sorts of stuff. Willa came in and started talking with us. I dished out some of the Mac and Cheese for myself, Willa and Wynter. We sat at the bench and just talked. As I was listening to Wynter talk about her life, I felt arms snake around my waist. I leaned into the familiar scent of cedar wood and citrus.

"Hey, where's mine?" Wyatt asks as he comes and sits next to me.

"Here." I scoop some up and give him the fork. He eats it.

"Woah, that's super good." He tries to eat the rest of mine.

"Hey, there is some in the pot still." I tell him, getting up to put some in the bowl for him. By the time I got back, my bowl was empty. Wyatt had eaten the rest of my food. "Fine, this is mine then." I pick up my fork and start eating the rest of the pasta. As we finish talking, we head out to the main part of the den, where the rest of the wolves are. We grab blankets and we try to help keep them all safe and cared for. We do that for the rest of the day. Willa, Wynter, Wyatt and I make dinner for the whole pack, making sure they are feeling better.