Please talk to me

A/n - What's up everyone - I'm going back to remote learning and so I don't know how often I'll update, cause I might just want to take a break from my laptop. 

Wyatt's POV:

I messed up so bad last night. I sat in the tent as I tried to control my breathing and tried not to cry. The entire tent had her scent but it was starting to fade.

"Wyatt?" Willa opened the tent flap up and looked inside. She saw me just lying on the floor breathing heavily, on the verge of tears. "What happened? And who is that girl sleeping over there by the tree?"

"Mae's childhood friend showed up last night and she nearly set everything on fire, so we cooled her down and then we came back and Mae and I had an argument, and I may have accidentally told her that her friend, if she were human would have hated her instantly and then she stormed away into the rain and I have no idea where she went." I say to Willa.

"You have to find her and apologise! You know that's a sensitive topic for her!" Willa tells me off. "Find her scent and tell her you didn't mean it. Meanwhile, Wynter and I will take care of her friend."

"I don't think she even wants to see me."

"You know what, even if she doesn't want to see you, you need to explain to her before you lose her." I groan and rub my face.

"I know I know. I will find her okay. Chill please. Stop being over dramatic." Willa looked offended.

"SHE IS HURT. Get a move on because we aren't joking. So MOVE before I make you." I quickly left not wanting to deal with my sister and I looked at Aria one last time before leaving in the direction she left. I walked into the den trying to find her scent. I walked all throughout the den and found none of her scent anywhere. I looked around but there was no sign of her.

If I was Wilamae where I would go, Addison's or Zed's house. Might as well start at Addison's house where I knock on the door. "Addison?" The door opened to her parents.

"It's you." Her parents did not want me here so I knew Wilamae wasn't there.

"Sorry for bothering you." I left quickly running to Zed's and I smelt her scent. I knocked on the door and waited.

Wilamae's POV:

I woke up in Zed's room, in his bed by myself. I looked over to my wrist, where I saw the bracelet he gave me yesterday. I frowned at it before I sat up and got out of his bed. I walked over to my bag and fished out my phone. I had some messages from Addison asking how I was and I had one from Wyatt.

Mae,

Despite everything, I can't bear the thought of me being the cause of the end of your friendship with Aria, any more than I can bear the thought of leaving you forever. And though I have no choice about one, at least I can choose about the other. I'll look after your friend because I know how much she means to you. I'm writing this watching the sun come up. You're hopefully asleep and safe, dreams moving behind your restless eyelids. I wish I knew what you were thinking. I wish I could slip into your head and see the world the way you do. I wish I could see myself the way you do. But maybe I don't want to see that, right now. Maybe it would make me feel even more than I already do that I'm perpetuating some kind of hatred on you, and I couldn't stand that. I belong to you. You could do anything you wanted with me and I would let you. You could ask anything of me and I'd break myself trying to make you happy. My heart tells me this is the best and greatest feeling I have ever had. But my mind knows the difference between protecting what you can't save and saving what you can't protect. All night I've watched the moonlight come and go, casting its shadows across where you should be next to me. I think of the night we could have had if things were different, a night where you lay next to me and watch the moonlight cast it's shadows over each other, separate from everything else that's real. But things aren't different, and I can't think about you without feeling like I've tricked you into hating me. I just didn't want you getting hurt last night or any future night; I will protect you no matter what, and that's what I'm going to do. So I tried to tell you last night. I said some things that I probably shouldn't have. And that's why I will protect your friend and let you have a few days to think about whether you want to come back to me. Because if I had to tell you this to your face, I couldn't or wouldn't let you go. I don't blame you if you hate me, I wish you would. As long as I can still dream, I will dream of you.