ch 3

The next few years passed slowly.

My new school was an all-girls academy. Since I've enrolled I topped every test every grade. But even that's not good enough.

At first, he yelled at me, and that was fine. But then she started to hit me against the wall and shove me against the floor.

It didn't help that he brought girls over to the apartment almost every weekend.

The one highlight was that this school was a boarding school so I only had to go home on the weekends.

I've used this to my advantage and signed myself up for martial arts and gymnastics classes after class. Along with these I have after school courses such as debate and choir.

Dad knew that I was in after school classes, but didn't really care. He was enraged at first. Signing up for those got me my worse punishment yet. It was completely worth it though.

Despite everything, my father has done he won't take away my dream of becoming a hero.

Using martial arts I can start preparing myself for fights I night get in in the future. With gymnastics, I can be flexible and jumps across large distances. With debate, I learned how to dispute claims and speak in front of a crowd. With choir, I can calm down those close to me.

It's my graduation today. Dad is standing in the first row treating my teachers with a fake smile. Can't really judge since I'm using mine too. But unlike his, I'm not completely faking.

Next year I am going to a private school that's 10 minutes away from UA. It's co-ed so I won't just have girls in my classes.

" First off we have our top student. Please welcome Miyu Midoriya" The principle shouts and I put my hands interlaced over my chest and smile.

A flower and butterfly clip placed on the sides of my hair the same color as my dress makes my hair stand out.

Green hair lighter than my mom's and brothers. But I have my dad's blue eyes.

I can easily spot him in the crowd thanks to his white hair. His false smile was replaced with an approving nod as I took my certificate with a bow and shook hands with my teachers.

The rest of the ceremony was quiet. Club leaders gave their own certificates and Choir, gymnastics and dance had performances. 

We had drinks and I cut the graduation cake that was almost bigger than me. 

" Miyu" My choir teacher called and I turned to her. Father was speaking with the principle. 

" How are you Sensei" I spoke with a soft smile. 

" Perfect. I'm so proud of you. Even when you graduate remember that working isn't everything. Having fun is part of growing up too" She told me and with a hug left me walking back to my father feeling  bit more like myself. 

" Ah, Miyu. I'm so proud of you" Dad said ruffling my hair. This is how it always is. When I do something right he praises me, when I do something he doesn't think fits the role of his perfect daughter I get thrown t the ground.

" It's thanks to your pushing that I was able to gain this award" I reply and dad nods.

Next week on the last day of school my choir teacher hands my a picture. It was me walking p to collect my award.

" Stay safe" She whispers and tears fall down my face.

For the four years that I was here, this woman practically took me in and raised me better than my father did.

I hug her around the waist and she laughs.

I rush over to the desk and instantly create a crystal music note.

" It doesn't disappear unless I want it to," I tell her and place it in her hands.