ch 4

" Mirio why do have my 8th-grade entrance picture framed in your room?" I ask my best friend.

" You said your dad didn't like having pictures in your house, so someone has to keep your memories" He replied with a contagious blush

" Plus you know that the second you walked in here my parents adopted you" He states smirking and I smile.

" Yeah, the same thing happened with Tamaki," I say with a laugh. The boy in question blushes and mumbles under his breath.

" Miyu what's going on with question 5" Mirio asks with a groan.

" The volume of a pyramid is one-third the area of the base times the height " I reply and Mirio nods.

" Ca-an you help me with English. I'm not reall-y go-od" Tamaki stutters and I smile.

" Of course what part," I ask and Tamaki puts put hands on his face.

" Everything" He moans out and I laugh.

" No problem Tamaki English is really confusing" I reply and sit next to him.

" You're forgetting to put an apostrophe before the S to show that its plural, but everything else is okay" I reply after reading the paragraph he wrote. He mumbles thanks under his breath and I send him another smile.

" You need to be kept safe" I comment after seeing him blush.

" Must protect" Mirio agrees while Tamaki turns bright red.

" You've both improved with your quirks since we've met" I comment trying to stop Tamaki from exploding. The subject change works when both perk up.

" Yeah, I can actually go through a wall now with you having to get a teacher because I got stuck" Mirio comments with a grin and I stifle a laugh remembering that day.

We ended up having to get a kid with a super strength quirk punch Mirio out.

" I can make big plants and octopuses" Tamaki mumbles and I smile back at him.

"Let's not forget you. You finally managed to create complex stuff like those gauntlets the other day" Mirio comments and my smile grows.

" The combat class you recommended is fun" Tamaki whispers and I turn to him.

" Yeah I've been taking classes like that since I was 7 It helped me get stronger," I say and Tamaki nods.

" What do you think the UA entrance exam is going to be," Mirio asks.

" Its probably going to be fighting with our quirks." Tamaki whispers and I furrow my eyebrows.

" Yeah, but doing one vs one battle will take ages and a lot of people won't get to show their quirks to there full potential" I comment, and Mirio nods.

" So you're suggesting that going to be a Tournament or race something were we get to show off," Mirio asks and I nod.

" But, they allow one support item per person and in a race, you wouldn't need that plus if someone had a speed quirk than its game over" I comment and Mirio and Tamaki raise their heads.

" Support Item," Tamaki asks and I nod.

" It was on the website you need to fill out a form and if they accept then you can bring it to the exam. You should bring a lunchbox, Tamaki. Mirio you can phase through a hit, but you should bring something that hits hard" I comment and they nod.

The door behind my opens and Ms. Togata enters the room.

" Are you kids doing homework or talking" She states with an amused glare.

" We've completed your homework and we're talking about the UA entrance exams" Mirio explains and his mom nods.

Ms. Togata is our science teacher.

" Entrance exams. Those are in 10 months right" She comments and I nod.

" Yep. We're talking about what it could be and how we can prepare" I explain and she nodes before looking at me.

" You're dads out on business this week right," she asks and I stiffen slightly. Next to me, Mirio clenches his fists.

" Yes, he won't be home for the next two weeks" I replied rubbing my bruised shoulder. Thank god that Hima goes to this school. When I first saw her I was about to cry.

We've talked a lot in the past few years. Her healing quirk has improved so she's able to heal my 'training ' Injuries. She's applying for the UA general course and becoming a doctor like her dad.

Thinking of her makes me remember my mom and brother. He'd be in his second year out of four in middle school.

I tried reaching out to them when I first was enrolled in my new school but dad found out and that was not fun.

When I turn 18 the first thing I am doing is finding them. I can taste the freedom. Just four more years and I will be out of that house.

Only Mirio knows about my dad. And thanks because he wouldn't take the training excuse when he saw a handprint on my arm. The absolute betrayal and rage that were shown in his eyes still scare me.

I managed to convince him not to tell anyone after calming him down.

" Poor girl I bet you miss him huh" Ms. Togata comments and I falsely smile.

" Yes, but I'm used to it at this point" I lie and she nods.

" You three are staying the night here right," She asks moving the conversation away from my dad.

He's gotten worse. And now I can't stay at school so I mostly just hide away in my room.

Dad's a firm believer in buying affection so I got my credit card at the age of twelve. I don't use it because if I ask for something dad would get it for me either way.

When things get really bad I'd go to a hotel for the night and come back in the morning, where he'd act as if nothing happened.

 " Yeah Tamaki's mom is letting him stay" Mirio replies and Ms. Togata nods. 

" You all have school tomorrow so finish your work and go to sleep before midnight" She states and closes the door. 

We all share a look. 

" Please tell me that we are going to sleep" Tamaki states seeing the look shared between Mirio and me.