ch 6

After 10 months of hell, the day is finally here. I leave the empty apartment with my bag and head to the park were Mirio, Tamaki and I will meet.

Thankfully dad's been on a month-long business trip. He'll be back by the end of the week and by that time I would have done all my high school entrance exams.

He does not approve of my going into the hero course.

" Are you ready Miyu!" Mirio yells and I nod.

" Power!" He yells pulling Tamaki who was behind him into a one-armed hug.

" Power" Tamaki and I reply sharing a look.

" I'm going to fail" Tamaki wilts and Mirio shakes him.

" Come on you can do it, Tamaki!" Mirio yells and I can't help but chuckle. I don't know where I would be without these two.

My heart pumps as we enter the UA grounds.

" Its huge" Tamaki deadpan and I turn to him.

" We pass this place every week on our runs are you just noticing this," I say and Tamaki wilts.

The written test was easy. Well for me. I watched as others began to shake on one dude began to cry. He had to be escorted out of the classroom.

This made me severely worry about Hima who is taking the exam for the general course. She is not the best at exams. She's smart but tests always make her nervous.

Mirio and Tamaki would be fine. If not those last 10 months of tutoring them until midnight were useless.

Next, we were all filtered into an auditorium. President Mic was at the stage. His quirk allows him to increase the volume of his voice, giving him an ability that is similar to a sonic scream. The sound from his Quirk is strong enough to cause people's ears to bleed from far away. But it wouldn't work well underground. Would it work If I were underwater? I wonder if...

" Stop zoning out and listen," Mirio tells me and I shake myself from my thoughts. At least I didn't speak out loud this time.

"As your application said, today you rockin' boys and girls will be out there conducting 10-minute mock battles in super-hip urban settings! Okay, okay let's check out your targets. There are three types of faux villains in every battle center. You'll earn points based on their level of difficulty, so better choose wisely. Your goal in this trial is to use your quirk to raise your score by shredding these faux villains like a mid-song guitar solo!" Mic yelled and a PowerPoint showed up showing four villains. Points ranging from 0 to 3.

" Your card shows what battle center you will be stationed in. Let's Rock!" Mic finished and I looked at my card.

Looks like I am in battle station D. Taking a glance at Mirio's and Tamaki's card I find out that none of us are in the same battle station.

" Well I'm going to change good luck," I say and enter the female changing room.

Putting on a black one-piece under a skirt and jacket I leave and find my battle station at the end of the row.

"What is this? It's like a city! They have more than one of these on the school grounds?" A girl yells in shock.

"Could you imagine how much it cost to build this!" A boy screeches.

" Plus Ultra huh" I whisper.

" Right let's start," Mic said and I perk up. As soon as I see the gate open I push off. I slip off my shoes and time stops. The mint green color that I have grown to love starts to appear in patches.

" Crystal Shot" I yell and several rough crystals begin to float near me. And within seconds all of them shot at several robots.

I could still use some help aiming so I aimed for the main body of the Robot instead of the head like I saw several people do.

I enter one of the city buildings and run-up to the roof. I have a clear view of robots.

Placing both my hands on the roof floor I feel the normal heat flow into my hands and feet.

" Crystal shower" I yell and pour all of my body heat. I based this attack off of Crystal shot, but not only are their ten times the number of crystals, but the crystals are ten times bigger.

I smirk as I see at least 10 3-pointers fall and several more 2 pointers.

I run across the rooftops and hug my jacket towards me.

The crystals are made from the surface I touched but are formed by using my body heat. So a drawback of my quirk is the risk of hypothermia. The black one-piece under my jacket regulates heat so it helps nullify the drawback. 

Suddenly the whole ground shakes. It's happening near the center of the city a huge robot that I remember being the 0 pointers topples over the buildings.

Screams echo from below me. My heart pounding in my chest, I can't move.

The Robot begins to destroy a few buildings and the debris hits the ground.

I find my feet moving to the edge of the 3 story roof. Creating a platform I drop down onto the floor and run towards the debris

Two people were on the floor. The debris is on the floor and I can feel my feet go raw from going around barefoot. I pour some heat into my feet and create 2 more platforms under the two teenagers that I now see are bleeding.

I quickly move the platforms along with me as I run away from the raging robot. I catch up with the rest of the crowd. Debris is falling everywhere and I am starting to lose control of my platforms.

Without thinking I stop and lower the platforms.

I hope that this works. Please let this work.

I place my hands and feet on the ground and I feel the heat flow onto my hands and feet.

With a scream, I bring up a jagged wall slightly taller than the robot blocking him from the crowd.

It's freezing and blackspots cover my vision. My breaths are shallow as I drop to the ground.

One of the injured boys runs up to me and I hear the bell signaling the end of the test ring.

With that, I blackout.