ch 8

The punishment for signing up for UA's hero course hurt. It got to the point where he made up a story about me being mugged so he could enter me into a hospital.

I asked for a copy of the injury report with repeated ease.

A broken arm and several fractured ribs along with a small concussion.

But after a while of my careful prodding, I managed to have him see the perks of my starting in a heroics classroom.

New connections and since I've been taking high school business classes since I was in middle school I wouldn't miss out on anything.

Besides that my summers been mostly about studying and modeling along with my singing and gymnastic classes. In return for my being in the hero course I would start to model in some magazine to help get the Midoriya name noticed.

Another condition was that I had to drop out of martial arts. I should be fine since the hero course should teach us how to fight. I would be keeping up my normal workout routine in the mornings and afternoons I just couldn't continue going to classes. 

I was used to people taking pictures of me. After all, being the daughter of one of Japan's few non-hero billionaires was important.

This was slightly different. I was having fun and according to my dad, I've been raising in multiple magazines. Mirio always said that I had looks to die for, and this will help my name be known by the time I become a hero.

One of the makeup artists said that I was a natural.

There was also another charity party which I was forced to go to. I know a few people there like Momo who also sometimes models and Yuki who is the same age as me.

Momo is two years younger than us but she's smart and was over ecstatic to find out that I got into the hero course. In return, I was grinning when she told me that she had started martial arts classes last week in preparation for entering UA herself.

Yuki however doesn't really get why I would want to get dirty when I could have a life of luxury.

That was when I reminded her that, despite all of his faults, dad thankfully likes to live in slight modesty so we have an apartment. More like a suit but whatever I can take.

It has around for bedrooms and a huge living and dining room. It's on the 15th and the final floor so it has a great view. Dad bought it when we first moved out of Mom's apartment.

Momo understands. Despite the fact that she herself lives in a huge mansion.

Yuki was happy when I told her a finally started to model. Momo was calmer but she was clearly also proud. I told them the truth that it was fun. And the next day Yuki sent me a picture of a magazine with me in the front cover.

It was one of the later ones. My hair had been straightened and then re-curled. I was in a two-piece dress that I got to keep. And besides the large hearing from my left ear, I wasn't wearing any other jewelry.

Mirio and Tamaki had sent me a picture of the magazine later with a caption telling me that Ms. Togata found it at her local salon.

I re-read the UA guidebook and as long as I keep my grades up part-time jobs are permitted. 

Plus the pay for this is nothing to sneer at. 

 Another pro is that dads getting worried about getting caught for leaving the noticeable bruises on my so he's stopped hitting and slapping me in noticeable places. 

Ms. Togata had a special celebration for us all getting into UA on the day before school begins. It was basically a huge party with all of our parents ( Sadly) and us at a local restaurant. 

Dad ended up paying with a smile which a returned. 

He might not act like it but I know he cares. I know that because when I was telling Mirio about the hyperthermia of my quirk the next day the heat regulating skirt and sleeveless top was ontop of my bed. 

He wants what he thinks is best for me. And one day I will show him how to truly love. But something inside me tells me that it won't work, but when has that stopped me.