The Message From The Palace

At the Tremaine household, Stepmother was about to begin the music lesson. With her playing the piano, Anastasia playing the flute and Drizella singing.

Stepmother: The pear shape toad.
Drizella: Oh sing sweet nightingale
                Sing sweet nightingale
                H-h-h-h-high above me

       Lucifer cringed at the terrible singing and hurried away from the room, closing the door behind him. But then he heard two beautiful voices singing the same song with elegance and harmony. The twins were cleaning the floor of the main hall.

Cinderella: H-h-h-h-high above
[Y/n]: Oh sing sweet nightingale
           Sing sweet nightingale
Cinderella: H-h-h-h-high

             Lucifer came down the stairs but his paw stepped in a dustpan full of dust and he grinned evily.

[Y/n]: Oh sing sweet nightingale
           Sing sweet nightingale
Both: Oh sing sweet nightingale
           Sing sweet
           Oh sing sweet nightingale
           Sing
           Oh sing sweet nightingale
           Sing sweet
           Oh sing

"Oh oh Lucifer!"

                  ****************

He had littered everywhere with his little paw prints of dust.

"You mean old thing." [Y/n] said angrily throwing her rag down, while Lucifer skipped around happily.

"I'm just gonna have to teach you a lesson." She said picking up a broom but then a knock was heard at the door.

"Open in the name of The King." A voice called from outside and Cinderella went over to the door and opened it. A message stood at the other side.

"An urgent message from His Imperial Majesty." He gave her an envelope.

"Thank you." Cinderella said taking it and closing the door.

"From The King. What's it say Cinderelly, what's it say?" Jaq asked as he and Gus stood at her feet.

"I don't know, he said it's urgent." Cinderella said examining the envelope.

"Oh sing sweet nightingale." Drizella's voice was heard from upstairs.

"Maybe we should interrupt the uh music lesson." [Y/n] said smirking at the trio who snickered. Her and her twin, went upstairs with Jaq and Gus following them through one of their holes.

                   ****************

Drizella: Oh sing sweet nightingale
                 High high h-h-h-h-hhhhhhhh

         She sang off key, Anastasia hitting her chin with the end of her flute.

"You clumsy." She took the flute and hit her twin's head. "You did it on purpose."

"Did not." They started arguing.

"Girls, girls, above all self control." Their mother told them and then a knock was heard. "Yes!"

Cinderella and [Y/n] walked into the room, Jaq and Gus in the candlestand on the wall.

"You two. How many times have I warned you never to interrupt the…"

"But this just arrived from the palace." Cinderella said interrupting her Stepmother presenting the envelope.

"From the palace?!" The Tremaine twins tore the envelope from her hand.

"Let me see."

"Give it here." They started arguing again.

"I'll read it." Stepmother took the letter from them. "Well there is to be a ball."

"A ball?!"

"In honor of His Highness, The Prince and His Grace, Duke Eric."

"Oh The Prince and Duke Eric."

"And by royal command every eligible maiden is to attend." She finished excitedly.

"Why that's us." Drizella said.

"And I'm so eligible." Anastasia said smiling and Jaq and Gus laughed.

"That means we can go too." Cinderella said excitedly.

"Hmm her, dancing with the prince." Anastasia said sarcastically.

"Or maybe her, dancing with the youngest and cutest Duke of the century." Her sister completed.

"We'd be honored your Highnesses, would you mind holding our brooms?" The Tremaine twins did a mocking waltz while laughing.

"Well why not?" [Y/n] asked stepping forward. "After all we're still members of the family." Jaq and Gus cheered her on. "And it says by royal command every eligible maiden is to attend."

"Yes, so it does. Well I see no reason why you can't go, if you get all your work done." Stepmother said.

"Oh we will, we promise." Cinderella said smiling at her sister.

"And if you can something suitable to wear."

"I'm sure we can. Oh thank you Stepmother." Cinderella said and pulled her twin out the door as Jaq also pushed Gus into one their little holes.

"Mother! Do you realize what you just said?" Drizella asked fuming.

"Of course I said 'if'"

"Oh"

"If"