If The Shoe Fits

"Your Majesty, I see no point in beating about the bush. I regret to inform you Sire that the young ladies have disappeared leaving behind only this glass slippers and blue bracelet." The Grand Duke monologued what he was going to report to the King.

"Yes I'll do it." He turned to knock at the door. "No I just can't."

He peeked through the door knob to see The King sleeping peacefully.

The King snored happily dreaming of giving a piggy back ride to his future grandkids, but then a knock is heard on the door.

"Well come in." The Grand Duke peered into the room. "Come in!"

The Grand Duke entered fully.

"Your Majesty…"

"So the boys proposed already." The King said shaking The Grand Duke's hand leading him over to a chair.

"Tell me about it, do you know them?"

"I-I didn't get the chance…"

"Well no matter, we have more important things to do. Arrangements for the wedding, a national holiday." He lit a cigar.

"B-b-but…"

"Here have a cigar, take a few more." The King said stuffing lot of cigarettes into The Grand Duke's face.

"B-b-but, if-if you'd just listen…"

"And for you my friend," The King drew out a sword.

"N-no no Your Majesty, please." The Grand Duke said kneeling before him.

"A knight Hood. I hereby dub you Sir, by the way what title would you like?"

"Sire, they got away."

"Hmm, Sir They Got Away? A very peculiar title, if that's what you…" but then his face turned red.

"They what? Why you, you traitor."

"Your Majesty, your b-b-blood pressure."

"Treason!" He brought the sword down, tearing the cigar in the Grand Duke's mouth into two.

"No Sire, no!"

"Sabotage!" The began chasing The Grand Duke round the room, sword in his hand.

"You were in league with the boys all along."

"I tried to stop them, but they vanished into thin air."

"A likely story!" They started bouncing up and down on The King's bed.

"It's true Sire, all we could find was this glass slipper and this blue bracelet."

"The whole thing was a plot!" He tries to slice The Grand Duke who ducked.

"But Sire, they both love the girls. They won't rest till they find them, they determine to marry them."

"What? What did you say?"

"The Prince Sire, swears he'll marry none but the girl who fits this glass slipper. And The Duke also swears he'll marry the girl who this bracelet fits her wrist properly and also has the twin of it." They both hanged on the chandelier.

"They said that, did they?" The King took the accessories from The Grand Duke and kissed them. "Oh we've got them."

He swinged his sword and cut the chandelier, making them to fall back on the bed, making a hole in it.

"Yah whoo whooee. But Sire, these accessories may fit many numbers of girls."

"That's their problem, they've given their word, we'll hold them to it." He tossed the shoe and the bracelet to The Grand Duke.

"No Sire, I'll have nothing to do with it." He put them back down on the bed

"You'll try these things on every maiden in my kingdom. And if the shoe fits," He drove the sword under the Grand Duke's nose, which caused him to gulp.

"Bring them in."

"Y-yes Your Majesty."